Car wash clean Kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
can't say i've ever thought about using a car wash... a nozzle on the hose or the sink sprayer has always worked fine for me.

Never tried it, but corny kegs have pretty thin walls and I would be nervous to use anything with very high pressure.

I haven't been kegging too long, but so far there hasn't been much that PBW and elbow grease won't take care of.

I used a pressure washer on the outside of a keggle to take all the crap off when i made it, worked great but i've never used it to clean the inside.

I use a slim 1/4 barrel Sanke to ferment in, and to clean out all the trub I just stick the nozzle of my pressure washer in the neck. Seems to work very well for getting it clean. I still fill it with hot water and dish washing powder afterwards though, gets it nice and shiny inside..

rinse with hot water, followed by a 10 minute hot oxyclean soak, followed by a rinse with hot water has never failed me. And you dont have to worry about accidentally spraying the crap out of yourself with the high pressure nozzle...

Do you really think that a wand at a car wash that is designed to wash your car with would damage a keg?

The water at most car washes is just filtered and recycled. I would not want water tainted with god knows what inside my keg. Oxyclean and super hot water has never failed to clean a keg inside. For the outside use bar keepers friend.

The water at most car washes is just filtered and recycled. I would not want water tainted with god knows what inside my keg. Oxyclean and super hot water has never failed to clean a keg inside. For the outside use bar keepers friend.

they do NOT recycle water at car washes. It would damage the pump immediately.

The guy who sells used corny kegs here gives them all a quick cleaning inside and out with a pressure washer. Not something I'd use for regular cleaning, but it works great for an initial cleaning to get the soda residue out.

taking my kegs to a carwash = no

buying a keg with old caked on soda and blasting it with my pressure washer = yes

Back