What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nukebrewer said:
A HB Edinburgh Session Ale from Wes. Very flavorful for a session ale. Somewhere in the neighborhood of 4-5% IIRC. I might have to start playing around with session beers. Never knew so much flavor could be packed into such a tiny package.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/93961624@N06/11022677803

Glad you liked it. It ended up being 4.6% ABV. I was shooting for lower but I ended up with a little higher efficiency on that batch than I calculated for. The base malt is Golden Promise and I added just a touch of a couple other grains mainly for color. There is just the slightest bit of peat malt in there as well. Over all I'm happy with it. When I rebrew, I'm either going to leave out the peat malt all together or reduce it by half to 1 oz.

Coconut warer, had a lot of ****ty beer at Berwick Brew House

image-2165525530.jpg

image-2408193181.jpg

image-3122430065.jpg

image-2519551403.jpg

image-1460253428.jpg

image-1829925884.jpg

Oolong. Need to get mash tun off the porch to preheat and figure out what I'm brewing today.

Billy-Klubb said:
why do you hate your spleen? because you obviously want me to punch it. :mug: more coffee. might have to add a little of my home made honey liqueur.:rockin:
I've been trying to get rid of that thing since I was 15, who needs a spleen when we already have a polluted liver:)

Honey liqueur, care to share a recipe? Sounds good.
On the coffee although I did have a nip of Jameson to get my azz in gear.

this is what I did from the book Cordials From Your Kitchen by Pattie Vargas & Rich Gulling:

1 1/4 cups sugar
1 1/4 cups water
1 1/4 cups honey
1 1/4 cups brandy

"Make a simple syrup by bringing sugar & water to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly to prevent scorching. When clear, remove from heat and let stand until just warm. Combine syrup, honey, and brandy in a clean 1 quart container. Cover & shake vigorously to blend. This will produce foam on the top as traces of beeswax present in the honey are released. Skim off foam and discard. Cover & let stand in a cool, dark place for 1 month before serving. Yield: Appox. 1 quart."

next time I'm using Sailor Jerry instead of brandy. it's a good book to have around if you like having cordials around. tons of recipes for all sorts of stuff.

Dave37 said:
You arent an idiot at all.

Its a line from wedding crashers. Will ferrell. I realize now in a sober state of mind that its not apparent at all in my post.

Just looks like i called you an idiot for no reason.

Haha my bad. Glad the flight plans worked out for you.

Ah!! I got you now!! It's all cool! I figured it was something like that! I love that movie!

Had my first two Mad Elfs of the season! I got a few that will be making their way out west soon!

image-1028913234.jpg

Now, I'm trying out another from my BIF: Day Break. So far, this is the least favorite of the group. It's decent, just not my favorite.

Attachments

• image-2545347848.jpg
    image-2545347848.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 74
this is what I did from the book Cordials From Your Kitchen by Pattie Vargas & Rich Gulling:

1 1/4 cups sugar
1 1/4 cups water
1 1/4 cups honey
1 1/4 cups brandy

"Make a simple syrup by bringing sugar & water to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly to prevent scorching. When clear, remove from heat and let stand until just warm. Combine syrup, honey, and brandy in a clean 1 quart container. Cover & shake vigorously to blend. This will produce foam on the top as traces of beeswax present in the honey are released. Skim off foam and discard. Cover & let stand in a cool, dark place for 1 month before serving. Yield: Appox. 1 quart."
next time I'm using Sailor Jerry instead of brandy. it's a good book to have around if you like having cordials around. tons of recipes for all sorts of stuff.

Thank you sir.
First pull of the day on my Belgian IPA, I'm happy;)

IMG_0841.jpg

Having one of Stauff's Hallowed End Imperial Pumpkin. There will be a picture forthcoming, but I can't post it right now. Excellent brew, my friend. Nice balance of spices and pumpkin, great full body. Thanks for sharing.

ChefRex said:
What type of noodles you making? Ramen if you use the package that comes with it is just a cup o sodium.

Agreed. I never use the whole packet. Usually I drain most of the water, sprinkle a little from the packet and then dump a bunch of frank's red hot in it. Awesome!

Billy-Klubb said:

1 1/4 cups sugar
1 1/4 cups water
1 1/4 cups honey
1 1/4 cups brandy

I'll have to experiment with that.
I also have a butt load(to be exact) of agave nectar. I wonder what it would be like to make an agave liqueur by substituting agave nectar for the honey and tequila for the brandy. I think I'll try it. I have nothing to lose but a little bit of sugar. The agave and tequila were free.

I'll have to experiment with that.
I also have a butt load(to be exact) of agave nectar. I wonder what it would be like to make an agave liqueur by substituting agave nectar for the honey and tequila for the brandy. I think I'll try it. I have nothing to lose but a little bit of sugar. The agave and tequila were free.

I say do it to it!:rockin:

Not caught up on the last couple days posts. Having a Flying Fish IPA while waiting for the train to the Giants game. Eagles fan but a friend has an extra ticket.

Also had some samples of my cider while racking to secondary earlier.

Also new phone! Hopefully better pictures.

image-979849669.jpg

Back