Tapped Keg, beer is flat???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bellinmi

Reaction score
I have a problem, I have two batches in their kegs now over 3 weeks, I tapped them last night and both are flat. I have heard of forced carbonation techniques but am a little fogging on the process?

Does anyone have any ideas how i can get these two batches nice and carbonated by the weekend? :drunk:

Thanks,
Mike

Just put CO2 on them at about 30 psi for 48 hours. The colder the better. Before serving, remove the CO2 line, vent the kegs via the pressure relief and reconnect the CO2 at about 5 psi.

david_42 said:
Just put CO2 on them at about 30 psi for 48 hours. The colder the better. Before serving, remove the CO2 line, vent the kegs via the pressure relief and reconnect the CO2 at about 5 psi.
Or, better yet (IMHO),

Hook them up to the CO2 bottle, then consult the carbonation charts for the # of volumes of CO2 you want, and the temperature your beer is at. The chart will tell you what PSI to set to achieve the carbonation level you desire. Set your regulator at that, and then be patient for about a week. No worries about overcarbonation.

Back