Beer to bring home

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thisisbeer

Reaction score
I have a coworker flying to Ontario this Monday and working for a week out in Fontana. I was going to get him to bring me a few local brews he may be able to snag easy. Any suggestions in the area?

Googling is indicating Fontana is maybe in Toronto. True? If so, there is a cool brewery there called Mill Street. My gf and were there a couple years ago and we tried a few of their beers before going on a tour. It was just my gf and I on the tour and we said we were homebrewers and she asked what we thought of their beer and we said that in general we liked hoppier beers than what we had from them. So she went to the cooler and gave us a growler that she said we'd like. I asked how much and she just said to take it. Very cool of her to do that. We were driving across the border and I was worried about taking it across, but of course we had no issues. And she was right, it was a very good beer.

I've also heard that Flying Monkey's makes some good beer. I've only had their Netherworld black IPA, but it was very good.

Other than that, I don't remember anything else except the poutine was freaking awesome!

LOL. There is an Ontario in California? Who knew. Growing up in Buffalo, the only Ontario I knew was Canada :)

As for what to get in LA, we never ventured out that far East of LA, so I can't what breweries are out that, but looking at Seekabrew.com, here are some stuff that you can't get:

- Alesmith - their Speedway stout is amazing. It seems to be on the shelf year round in OH, so I assume he can get it there.
- Pliney - obviously if you haven't had it. We found it in a couple bars out there, so I don't know the availability in bottle shops.
- Evil Twin makes great beer, but there distribution is so hit or miss here, no clue what they'd have there.

Here's the seekabrew website if you want to compare the distributions - http://www.seekabrew.com/distro/compare.html

Back