Sanyo Conversion Questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1f1fan

Reaction score
Hey guys, thanks for all the great info on converting the Sanyo into a kegerator. I'm about half way through my conversion and have everything but the stainless bar handles from Lee Valley. (All cooling lines are thankfully intact!)

1. How many of you run without an external thermostat? Those of you that don't use one, what setting do you keep your Sanyo on to keep your beer ~40F?

2. With an Accufab 14" tower is the fan absolutely necessary to circulate cold air into the tower?

I've been busy as hell lately and want to get this up and running...it's been sitting in the garage for 2 months! Hell.....maybe I can bribe Matt (Buford) with some home brew :drunk: to help me with the rest of the mods.

Thanks.

Hey, I do like bribes :tank:

If you want to see one finished in-person just PM me and you can come check it out.

1) Past 5, near max. Don't see the need for a Ranco or Johnson.

2) Depends on you and the acute local climate. I don't use one (MI), but I prefer KISS, if at all possible. Quality- but simple.

BTW, I really am glad I went with the Lee Valley rails, the Shirrons, and the ACCU tower.

I have a hard time keeping mine at a constant temp sometimes 4 is 50 and other times it freezes.

Made some good progress on it tonight. Elbow shanks, shirrons installed in the tower along with the bev line. Everything measured and cut....just waiting for the Lee Valley rails...glue, install, cut the machine screws and thats it. The external thermostat and the fan are the only things in question now....I can add those later if I need them.

Back