Fermentation Chamber

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SLRSLY

Reaction score
Finally got around to finishing this build. I wanted to keep the control box as low profile as possible and I feel that I've accomplished that:)
Everything went together as planned thanks to this forum.
Now I just need to find a way to get the probe and heater wire into the freezer. I feel like it's really limiting the seal. Any ideas?

10x7bjs.jpg

b3jvyb.jpg

16aa9er.jpg

dpzsbq.jpg

2c0t34.jpg

Carefully drill a hole into your freezer for the probe. Take your time and drill the initial hole through the outside wall of the freezer. Once through the outside layer, stop drilling. Then push through the insulation until you feel the inside wall, and start your drill again. This way, you can ensure you do puncture any refrigerant lines that may exist.

If it was just the probe wire I wouldn't be too worried about it. It's set up like that now.
But there's also the heater wire which is significantly thicker.

There is a drain hole but it's very small.

I'd do the same thing with the heater cord, unless you wanted to take 15 minutes and build a wooden collar for it then drill through the collar..

If you're worried about heat escaping, tape around it with some duct tape... but I still think you will be okay.

Back