hard iced tea

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dutchboy62

Reaction score
i know this might not be the correct place for this but im new here and wasnt sure were to post. Has anyone ever tried brewing a hard iced tea.:off: :

No, but I've heard of it being done. Brew your tea, add corn sugar to the gravity you want (a pound per gallon is a good start), add yeast and ferment.

Add campden tablets to kill the yeast, sweeten to taste.

This will not produce anything like a Long Island Iced Tea, which isn't from Long Island and doesn't contain tea!

I was looking for something more like twisted tea or mikes hard iced tea not a long island. Could regular sugar be used instead of corn

My buddy from Alabama makes what he calls an "Ice Pick:"

8 oz sweet tea
1.5 oz vodka
Serve on the rocks

It's not bad - and you don't have to brew it.

I mention this because I'm not sure that tea would taste very good after it ferments.

Texas Iced Tea

Shot of Vodka
Shot of Gin
Shot of Tequila
Shot of Ouzo
Splash of Coke for color.

Serve over ice, slam, rinse, repeat.

Don't know if you know anyone in the San Antonio area but I was in the HBS there Saturday and was looking through a receipe booklet they had put together and there was a tea wine in there. You might be able to experiment a bit to get what you want.

heres what i tried
2 cups iced tea powder mix
2 cups sugar
1 gal boiled water
1 pkt lavlin wine yeast

im kinda new at this but seems like it should work. i sarted it this weekend and seems to be fermenting away ill keep everyone posted

EdWort said:
Texas Iced Tea

Shot of Vodka
Shot of Gin
Shot of Tequila
Shot of Ouzo
Splash of Coke for color.

Serve over ice, slam, rinse, repeat.

Wow - that looks rough!!

the only problem I see with this is that you may not get the Twisted Tea flavor... Twisted Tea, Mike's, etc. are all "Flavored Malt Beverages", basically beer with flavors added to it... but let me know if your recipe works, cuz I loves me some Twisted Tea... ;)

it doesnt seem to be im gonna try and find a teawine recipe and ferment it down to about 6% and then either stop fermentation and back sweeten or look for a yeast that will give me that abv% any ideas on the yeast i would also like a hard lemonade recipe too.

Back