time to play the "can you name this style by the pictures" game.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope. Here's a hint: there have been several guesses that are all-American, like APA and cream ale (both of which were incorrect). This beer style is popular in America now, but is definitely European in origin.

Orange and peppercorn saison?

That's it, my friend! SN Ovila abbey saison with mandarin oranges and peppercorns. This was my first time trying it. It was pretty good overall, although the orange flavor wasn't quite what I was hoping for (it was very present, but I wasn't all that taken with the character of the flavor).

Photo on 5-12-14 at 11.52 PM #2.jpg

Woohoo! Love SN, though I haven't had much Ovila yet, since they started it around the time I moved to China.

I swear I had one ready to share, but I'll have to defer until I get off work in about five hours.

OK, hold on. If that is not an IPA you have no business drinking it from an IPA glass! I demand your Beer Card, sir! I demand it immediately!

j/k

Unless... perhaps it was a deliberate deception in which case I retract my earlier statement and tip my hat to you for the excellent bluff!

Unless... perhaps it was a deliberate deception in which case I retract my earlier statement and tip my hat to you for the excellent bluff!

Shame on me for misusing (or did I?) one of the three decent beer glasses I own, along with a pair of 8 oz tasters from Saint Arnold's open house. Speaking of which, if anybody wants to ship some nice glassware to China gratis... :eek:

Still waiting for a winner. It's a well-known, widely-distributed US craft brew; so widely-distributed that it even makes it to some of the few craft brew vendors here in China.

RIS... maybe Parabola?

Yes and no. It is indeed a Russian Imperial Stout, but not a Parabola - I don't think I've ever even seen a bottle of Parabola (my commercial beer experience is depressing since I live in China). This one, to the best of my knowledge, is the granddaddy of US craft RIS's.

For no extra reward, care to tell me which one it is?

I'm beerless, don't anticipate having a beer today so it's up for grabs.

Which is unfortunate because I'm in So. Cal and it's hot as hell, dry as hell, and there are wildfires 10 miles away. Good day for a beer :(

Back