Beer bars/brewpub recommendations in Austin TX?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

threeeight

Reaction score
Hey everybody,
I'll be in Austin for work next week, and I'm looking for a good watering hole, preferably a walk or short cab ride from the downtown radisson.

Anybody got any recommendations?

have you ever been to austin before? specifically 6th street? not to sound rude or condescending but it's bar after bar after bar after bar for several blocks and miles really. even off 6th street the streets crossing it and parralel to it covered in bars. austin is probably one of the coolest places on this earth.

now, if you're looking for a specialty pub for micros thats a diff story. i know they're there but i couldn't name any off hand. but you wont have a problem finding just a "watering" hole in austin. aka my most favorite place in Texas!!!

I had never been to Austin before, and didn't know much about it. And yeah, I was looking for craft beer/microbrew awesomeness - which I definitely found a gingerman. That place was seriously amazing. Duck and dog was pretty cool too, although I had higher hopes for it. Haddingtons and Iron Works were both excellent as well - the beer selection at haddingtons was better, but the food at both was great.

Turns out I might be going back later this year, so I'll definitely be going back.

Back