Dandelion Wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2ndGenBrewer

Reaction score
7 cups Dandelion petals
1 lb Golden raisins - Chopped
2 lb Cane sugar
1 gal Hot water
1/2 tbsp Lemon Juice
1/2 tsp LD Carlson yeast energizer
1/2 package Red Star - Cote des Blancs

I started by cutting the petals off of some where near 300-350 flowers to get 7 cups (loose packed). Next I chopped 1 lb of golden raisins into quarters and added to my pot to boil for 30 minutes (to extract sugars and flavors). After 30 minutes I removed the wort from the heat and dissolved the sugar, added the dandelion petals to steep, added energizer, and lemon juice. I allowed the wort to slowly cool to room temp then added to the primary. I let the wort settle for 24 hours then pitched yeast that had been hydrated for at least 30 minutes. After primary slows (3-5 days and S.G. of 1.040) I strained the wine into a secondary and allowed to finish fermentation (3 weeks). If necessary rack again and allow to clear (another 3 weeks). Bottle and allow to age 6 months to 1 year.

-Based on Raymond Massaccesi recipe with notable changes and adaptations to my personal style.

Back