Video Games

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am a recovering WoWaholic with almost 4 years invested in World of Warcraft I finally gave up about a year ago. I got pretty hooked on League of Legends mostly because I get to play a character who is a giant Scottish brewer.

I did not like the last GTA but am looking forward to GTV V. They say the world is 3.5x bigger than two old GTAs and Red dead combined. I read they are taking and tweaking some gameplay from red dead redemption which is my favorite game of all time, and making it a big part of the new GTA.

People! I finally saw a trailer for the new hitman game!
Disappointed that it looks kinda clunky but hopefully its smoothed out by the release. Ive only been waiting maybe 12 years for a new one hahahah

I did not like the last GTA but am looking forward to GTV V. They say the world is 3.5x bigger than two old GTAs and Red dead combined. I read they are taking and tweaking some gameplay from red dead redemption which is my favorite game of all time, and making it a big part of the new GTA.

I didn't like the last GTA either. Way too much driving around from point A to point B. I got tired of searching for on ramps or bridges so I gave up. San Andreas was a huge map but at least I could get around. Vice City was my favorite.

Video Games are my first hobby and are still my primary hobby.
Currently have more games that I can play at one time; lots of great games have been released this year.
I am starting to Love Steam, I can get new games $10 cheaper than XBOX games and after 3-6 months I can pick them up for under 1/2 price; this gives me lots of games in my library.
I still try to buy multiplier games on my XBOX due to the better community but the aging hardware drives me closer to PC with every new release.

Currently playing on Xbox:

Halo 4 came out last week and so far has been a great addition to the series.
But due to the aging hardware they are cheating on the graphics by making the game much darker; this is a deportation from the original series that has very colorful scenery and characters.

Borderlands 2 has been fun but not as immersible as I expected. It is a first person shooter dressed up like a ARPG; opposed to a Fallout that is a RPG dressed up like a first person shooter.
It also is having to cheat on graphics by making some areas very dark making enemys hard to spot.

Other games that sit near my console but play rarely: BF2, MW3, Red Dead Redemption.

Currently playing on PC:

Tropico 4: not much different from T3,T2,T1 but was cheap and my favorite city building franchise.

Skyrim: 180 hours in and have not completed. I think I am close to 50 mods from the Steam workshop. VERY GOOD GAME, especially with continuous improvements from the community.

Torch light 2: for $20 you get your moneys worth. As a Diablo fan I am very upset with the poorly designed D3 earlier this year, but Torch Light 2 is great and it is unfortunate that I don't get as much time to play it as I would like.

Towns: this is a game developed by 2 guys, it is a fantastic city building game but is still under development. It has been Greenlit by Steam and for $13 I have got my moneys worth.

Witcher 2 was worth the $20 I spent; short with an interesting story.

The 2 Portal games should be required for all PC gamers, takes less than 20 hours to complete both but they are very entertaining.

Purchased LA Noir, the newest Deus Ex, Crysis 2, and Civ4 and haven't even ran them once yet.

Hitman Absolution is Pre-Ordered, will be playing next week.

Anybody looking at Planetside 2?

Yes I am. I was an MMORG addict from 2002 to 2010. I haven't played those types of games (or any really) since 2010 when bad stuff began to happen.

But I liked the first Planetside back when it was popular. I am not great at the twitchy-finger skills needed to really do well in this sort of game so it was one of the few that I could quit at will.

If my BIL wants to play the new version, I'll probably pick it up.

Currently playing XBow 360's version of,

Borderlands 2, Dishonored, Lego: (Harry Potter 1-4, Star Wars TCS, SW Clone Wars, Indiana Jones, and Pirates of the Carribean), and Battlefield 3.

Took a break from Skyrim not long after the Dawnguard release. I have the Hearthfire DLC but have not played. Might pick it back up once the Dragonborne DLC releases.

Tomorrow night, while my wife is at work, I'm going to sit down and play some Metal Gear Solid 4 while pulling tappers of pumpkin spice ale. Yeah MGS4, I know I'm behind. lol

Usually I stick to Madden. Play some BF3 too, but I don't have too much time for VGs unfortunately.

Borderlands 2 has been fun but not as immersible as I expected. It is a first person shooter dressed up like a ARPG; opposed to a Fallout that is a RPG dressed up like a first person shooter.
It also is having to cheat on graphics by making some areas very dark making enemys hard to spot.

Having not played fps in years, and not very much then, and using a controller for the first time since Sega Genesis, wow. This game has the range of control I always wanted to have, but it's like a tiger by the tail. :drunk:

And I like the graphics so far. It's like playing in a cartoon.

Tomorrow night, while my wife is at work, I'm going to sit down and play some Metal Gear Solid 4 while pulling tappers of pumpkin spice ale. Yeah MGS4, I know I'm behind. lol

Usually I stick to Madden. Play some BF3 too, but I don't have too much time for VGs unfortunately.

One of my favorite games, it's amazing.

Having not played fps in years, and not very much then, and using a controller for the first time since Sega Genesis, wow. This game has the range of control I always wanted to have, but it's like a tiger by the tail. :drunk:

And I like the graphics so far. It's like playing in a cartoon.

I played a game for PS2, I think the name was XIII or something, and it looked straight out of a comic, which was the point. Was pretty fun!

Stuck to the Call of Duty series exclusively since 2. Went through two, then started playing online with MW3 and Black Ops. I only sit down about once every 2-3 months. Learning that it's just not enough time to be competitive enough to have fun. Played the Forza Horizon Demo tonight. Another solid release it seems. Perhaps I'll pick it up. Can play that one single player or against my bro at least.

Stuck to the Call of Duty series exclusively since 2. Went through two, then started playing online with MW3 and Black Ops. I only sit down about once every 2-3 months. Learning that it's just not enough time to be competitive enough to have fun. Played the Forza Horizon Demo tonight. Another solid release it seems. Perhaps I'll pick it up. Can play that one single player or against my bro at least.

I second that, after having kids online gaing [besides co-op] isnt fun. I dont have the time to put in to be even half competitive

There is always some awesome shot or random grenade that scores a triple kill to keep me hooked no matter how bad I do. I was surprised at how quickly I learned the maps on the new one. It usually takes me months not a few hours. I bet I finally get bored of COD this year!

I've not gotten fond of multi-player MW3. Played through the campaign mode and thought it was lame. Way too short. BF3 seems to be taking longer.

[ame="http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/11/14/gta-v-trailer-2"]http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/11/14/gta-v-trailer-2[/ame]\

New GTA V trailer, OMG

I second that, after having kids online gaing [besides co-op] isnt fun. I dont have the time to put in to be even half competitive

This is the main reason I quit World of Warcraft. I couldn't put the time in to learn the dungeons and would never be able to be online at the same time everyday for raids.
That and my account got hacked and my main toon got stranded on another server. Blizz returned just about all of my stuff but refused to transfer my main toon back to my normal server where all my other toons were.

I never really got down on video games until an old roomate years ago brought home MW2. I was hooked! I ended up buying an XBOX 360 and play when the wife is gone or will allow. She's not to fond of hearing "we have the flag, they captured our flag, they returned the flag" along with machine guns and bombs cranked on the surround sound. I used to play quite a bit until I started Stainless Brewing which took away any free time I ever had. Not complaining about helping people make beer though. It's a pretty cool feeling knowing stuff you provide is going all around the world. ID is ZachAAttacks and I've been stuck on Black Ops multi for awhile now. Others I like to play are BF3 and Red Dead.

I was really into Everquest and WOW years ago, now I play the occassional game of BF3.

I have always been a sucker for the Tomb Raider series because of the musical score and locations. GTA IV absorbed about a month of my life. I remember yelling at Niko that the one chick was a fed. The storyline was cool and the Serial Killer People Skinner Guy was flat out creepy. Trying to control Niko after drinking was hilarious too

I've played varying levels of games over the years. I've tried just about everything. I'm playing Assassins Creed 3 (it's based in the American Revolution) and Black Ops 3 now. If anyone else plays Black Ops on PSN, my username is dustyk278.

Forza Horizon is pretty sweet. I picked it up a couple of weeks ago and beat it a few nights ago. Have you played Forza 4 yet? It's pretty amazing also.

I've also been enjoying Borderlands 2, Dishonored and the new FIFA. If anybody wants to play my gamertag is "n8 b 77"

Black Friday I'm planning on scooping up Dishonored, ACIII, and Dead Island GOTY. Any other recommendations for PS3?

Fallout Vegas was good but I just enjoyed the Capital Wasteland so much more. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a Fallout 4 announcement.

Are you excited for GTA 5?

I cannot wait for GTA 5! I keep watching the trailer on x box live. Also, glad to hear dishonored is good. Sounded like an interesting game.

I can't wait for GTA 5 either. The three protagonists should be interesting.

And Dishonored is pretty sweet. I pretty much did my first playthrough and murdered everybody. I'm going to attempt a ghost playthrough soon.

Fallout 3 is one of my all-time favorties and I'm still playing through Skyrim. I love pretty much anything put out by Bethesda.

I likied everything but rage, just wasnt all that great. Maybe I was just biased because I wanted them working on fallout [btw I know they are, one of the programers accidently said something about working on the "other game" during skyrim, the other game for bethesda is fallout]

I just finished the 5th and final chapter of The Walking Dead game. I am so impressed with the writing on this game, it's GOTY for me. It's on sale for PC for 12.99 today on Amazon and Steam I think. Well worth it.

I just finished the 5th and final chapter of The Walking Dead game. I am so impressed with the writing on this game, it's GOTY for me. It's on sale for PC for 12.99 today on Amazon and Steam I think. Well worth it.

I played Episode 1 but I'm waiting for the rest until they release it on disc. Gonna pick up the special edition with the 2 graphic novels.

Assassin's Creed III has to be the most boring 3-5 hour intro ever. It takes forever to do anything fun. By the time I got to doing cool stuff, I almost lost all interest in the game.

Back