average price of corneys?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grlz

Reaction score
hey there. i saw on ebay a guy selling corneys for 20 bucks a pop plus shipping. so for about 200 bucks i could get 5 corneys? sound like a good deal? sounds pretty good to me.

The shipping crushes you. Idk if its still going on, but kegconnection has free shipping on order over 100bucks. They have B grade cornies for 25 and regular used for 30, so you could get 5 nice ones for 150 shipped.

My LHBS sells them for $35 ea. so $40 shipped to Canada seems OK. But you might do better finding them locally.

Edit: OK looked up Sudbury on a map so a smallish community, your probably not finding them locally. Cindy's Homebrew shop any good?

cindy homebrews pretty good. was just there the other day. didnt check for kegs tho. i was just looking through ebay, i had no idea they were that cheap.

I've seen them range from $17 - $45.

However quality of the keg, whether it has been reconditoned or not, and whether there is a guarentee to hold pressure or not, can affect the price.

I reccomend pedalbiker. He sells them here on the site. Here is the thread. His kegs are in great shape, and he is a great person to deal with.

You can see by the thread that he has plenty of satisfied customers, including myself.

$100 shipping?

I have (8)... the last 4 I bought were from INSCO2 on HBT here... 4 nice kegs, PLUS shipping was $100. Id say $200 is not a great deal, you can find much better.

hey there. i saw on ebay a guy selling corneys for 20 bucks a pop plus shipping. so for about 200 bucks i could get 5 corneys? sound like a good deal? sounds pretty good to me.

If they are shipping NOT shipping from canada I'd say forget it the duty,taxes and brokerage fees will kill you.

I just bought 4 for $103 shipped off of eBay. There's a new guy on there that is dirt cheap. Sure, I'll probably have to replace the o-rings, but that's beans.

Going to Canada though... if you're shipping from the US, I agree with jspence1. I've shipped $20 worth of stuff to a guy in Canada before and ended up paying $15 in fees.

CHI has a great deal right now. Four cornys for $76 + s&h.

I live in Los Angeles and with shipping it came out to just over $100

That was my first thought so I went to CHIs website put the four pack in the cart and checked shipping to Sudbury, Ontario. Shipping alone was estimated at $106! Add to that the $76 for the kegs and it's $180 for four kegs or $45 each.

Back