Apfelwein - 20 Minute Lag Time!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomtom

Reaction score
Just finished getting my carboy and first batch of EdWort's Apfelwein situated. It's already bubbling 20 minutes after pitching the yeast. Yikes! I used 5 gallons of Mott's (cheap at Costco), 2# of corn sugar and an 11.5 gram packet of Safbrew WB-06 Wheat Beer Yeast. There is already a kreusen forming and I'm worried about having to use a blow-off tube if this baby keeps accelerating. I recorded an OG of 1.063 before putting the airlock in. Should I be overly concerned about this one? Looks like it's gonna be good though.:drunk:

I made a test batch using that yeast... It came out pretty darn good compared to montrachet. if you give it time it clears really nice too.

Well it didn't erupt like I thought it would and it's still chugging happily along. It is rather cloudy now but I suspect it will clear as the weeks go by. The hardest part is having to wait though.

Back