Bodington's Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Temp81

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a good AG recipe for Bodington's? I really, really, really like that beer.

I don't have a clone for you, but one big thing about Boddingtons is that it has a nitro widget in the can, like Guiness, or is served off nitro on draft. If you don't have a Nitrogen setup on your kegerator, you are going to find it very difficult to make a clone brew that tastes like a Boddingtons.

You know, I didn't even think of the nitrogen thing with Bodingtons and Guiness.......UGH!!! Well I guess this will be the end of this thread, beings I don't have a kegging set up yet. Man, you guys have no idea how disappointed I am now. I guess this may be a project for later.

Just make an ordinary british bitter - that beer has a little biscuit flavor too so maybe add a touch.

You know, I didn't even think of the nitrogen thing with Bodingtons and Guiness.......UGH!!! Well I guess this will be the end of this thread, beings I don't have a kegging set up yet. Man, you guys have no idea how disappointed I am now. I guess this may be a project for later.

Yeah maybe I could try the british bitter with a bit of biscuit malt in it, but somehow I think close will not be close enough for me when it comes to bodingtons.

Latest posts

Back