oxyclean

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Go for the oxyclean free, or a knock-off that does not contain any fragrance or dyes. Technically a cleaner, not a sanitizer.

Sun oxygen bleach. Dollar general or dollar store. 4 bucks for 6 pounds. No additives beyond sodium bicarbonate and sodium percarbonate.

Clean with it, but santize with a no-rinse sanitizer like StarSan...

Personally, none of my brewing hardware will ever come near anything that uses bleach/chlorine to sanitize. StarSan does a great job, and the amount it costs to make 2.5-5 gallons of it makes it dirt cheap too.

I would also advise going with oxyfree/oxyclean free if you're going that route... I used it for a bit (was given some) but have since moved to using PBW. PBW is pretty much oxyclean/free on steroids and adrenaline boosters... :D

oxyclean free will also clean pretty much anything, a friend of mine passed out the other night and someone got artistic on him with a sharpie. In the morning some oxyclean and water cleaned him right up before going into work

Back