The perfect beer pour.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jsamp

Reaction score
I thought you beer nuts would enjoy this. I go to hackday quite a bit just to see what people come up with and saw this beer pouring robot direct from kegerator. I think its pretty cool.

http://hackaday.com/2011/06/18/the-perfect-beer-every-time/

pour-master.jpg

Fail, unless the perfect pour is 2-3 inches of head. btw the first beer isn't poured until 6 minutes in.
Other than that, it's kinda cool.

_

I like it! The perfect pour is of course not set in stone. I've seen Basic Brewing videos where they pour straight down the middle of the glass for a huge head to release more of the hop aroma.

Blah blah blah lets see it pour already and what a waste if it doesn't bring it to your chair.

The United Red Carpet Lounge at Narita has much slicker beer pouring robots. I'll be there in a few weeks, I'll try to remember to get a video.

The beer isn't great btw. I was amazed at how it can get the foam right to the top of the glass without spilling every time. Not sure if that is just consistency/calibration or if it can tell somehow.

If you look close it has 2 dispencers, one does the main fill, probably by volume, then a second one puts out what looks like all foam, probably by sensor, to top it off.

The United Red Carpet Lounge at Narita has much slicker beer pouring robots. I'll be there in a few weeks, I'll try to remember to get a video.

This is true! They have Kirin and/or a sapporo system that is pretty neat if I remember correctly. It picks up your glass, tilts it, and then pours. With a little extra foaming at the end of the pour. Lufthansa in Frankfurt also has some of these. And I've seen it a couple other places overseas but don't remember where.

Whether or not its a perfect pour I appreciate the tech involved. These obvious beer lovers took the time to build a machine and write the code on a programmable dev board to make it all work. Im a gadget junky beer lover so I thought it was cool. The only thing that was missing for me was the tilt. It would also probably be better if a standard glass was used for an exact match. That boot glass made a lot of foam but the first pour was good imo.

If you look close it has 2 dispencers, one does the main fill, probably by volume, then a second one puts out what looks like all foam, probably by sensor, to top it off.

I've seen it pretty close up. I just think that if it is measuring fill by sensor, that is slicker than doing it with a little stick that after it's been foamed on all day, I wouldn't want touching my glass.

Back