Well, it happened....sad.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dude

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I knew it was eventually going to happen. Someone I know personally got killed in the "war". :(

AFSOC AIRMAN KILLED IN HELICOPTER CRASH

2/21/2007 - Hurlburt Field, Florida -- Tech. Sgt. Scott E. Duffman, 32, of Albuquerque, N.M. was killed in a MH-47 helicopter crash in Afghanistan on Sunday.

Of the 22 coalition personnel on board Sergeant Duffman and seven others were killed while 14 were injured when the helicopter crashed. They were supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.

Sergeant Duffman leaves behind his wife Mary and 6-month old daughter Sophia.

http://www2.afsoc.af.mil/environmental/pressreleasearchive/story.asp?storyID=123041664

Respect. I'll pour a little on the curb for him today.

(P.S., that's not a joke based on my errors of today. I mean that in a respectful way.)

Yeah Dude sorry to hear that. I'm only surprised you didn't know more of the fallen, given that you're in the military. My thoughts are with you, yours, and his.

Damn..... sorry to hear that. I've checked "the list" for people from my hometown, haven't found anyone yet.

I 'm very sorry to hear that Dude.
He gave the ultimate sacrifice for his country and I am grateful beyond words that there are such brave patriots in this country.
Those AFSOC pararescueman are a special breed of Airman. I worked with a few of them back at the beginning of OIF. Tough loss
As with all fallen Soldiers, Marines, Airman, and Sailors, my thoughts are with his friends and family.

Truly sorry to hear that Dude, my thoughts go out to you.

There is never anything anyone can say that actually calms and soothes the pain of such a loss. But just know people are thinking about you.

Living near Boston, I knew a couple of people on Flight 11, which was hijacked out of Logan airport, which was flown into the north tower of the World Trade Center. I was friends with one persons entire family, and the loss just stuns you. There is nothing that can take that kind of pain away.

I'm sorry to hear that Dude. I have the upmost respect for our folks defending our freedom and way of life. I see them in airports all the time and I walk up share their hands and personally thank them for their service.

Let me know if someone starts up a fund for his 6 month old daughters education. I'll gladly contribute.

Ed

I'm truly sorry Dude. I'll be keeping everyone in my thoughts and prayers.

EdWort said:
Let me know if someone starts up a fund for his 6 month old daughters education. I'll gladly contribute.
Ed

I second that.

Ize

I'm sorry man. This guy was supporting a lot of dudes I know, and he was there to make sure they got home safe should they be forced to take an ejection seat ride. PJ's are not only heroes, they are potentially my saviors.

Here's a toast.

I lost a very good friend in Iraq in June of last year, Captain Chris Cash. He was a Bradley commander. and got killed 3 days before my birthday..... I miss him!!!

I truly respect and honor all who serve, and especially the ones who pay the ultimate!

My condolences my friend, and that goes to all who have lost in this war.

Really sorry to hear that! My thoughts go out to you and his family. I have a nephew over there that I worry about all the time. :(

Latest posts

Back