Bottle Tree

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loh777

Reaction score
After sanitizing the bottles and placing them on the counter, then bumping into the counter thus knocking the bottles over and breaking a few. I thought it would be a good idea to buy a bottle tree to dry them out and hopefully not knock them over as easily. Does anyone know where I can get a decent one fairly cheap?

I have seem some pics of homemade ones. Looks like a 4x4 attached to a round base with dowels put in a 45 deg. angles. I priced the material to make one and it was cheaper to just buy the smaller plastic one from NB.

AHS has a 90 bottle drainer tree for $39.99 which is pretty darn good. And you can also pick up the Vinator bottle washer for $18.99 which makes life simple.

I have been very satisfied putting bottles on my dishwashing machine rack. Spray down the rack with a Star San bottle, and you are all good.

I have been very satisfied putting bottles on my dishwashing machine rack. Spray down the rack with a Star San bottle, and you are all good.
Yes, this is what I do as well. I can fit 50 bottles on the top rack alone.

I use an old baby gate across a couple of sawhorses. It's plastic and the holes are just the right size for a bottle to rest on its shoulder. I could probably dry 100 bottles. So all you need to do is go meet a girl, marry her, have a kid (or two), let them grow up a bit, then you have a "free" baby gate. Simple...

...and it's classy in a "Sanford and Son" kind of way...

So all you need to do is go meet a girl, marry her, have a kid (or two), let them grow up a bit, then you have a "free" baby gate. Simple...

...and it's classy in a "Sanford and Son" kind of way...

woudln't it be cheaper to get one from goodwill and soak it in starsan in the tub? maybe my math skills are off a bit.

We got some used equipment in at work the other day and among it was a commercial dish machine rack with posts small enough for the bottle tops and it holds 49 bottles. It takes up some counter space but it doesn't knock over. I was able to liberate mine, but we also sell new ones for about $20. Try your local restaurant supply store (maybe Penn-Jersey Paper, I know some guys from there) and see what they have. Take a bottle to make sure the posts are small enough.

Back