Quirky Homebrew Store

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wheels5159

Reaction score
New Homebrew store in Northglenn.

The owner is very knowledgable and has a lot of inventory at good prices. The best part is the store is open 7 days a week.

Any idea what their grain price is? That's been my barometer as of late for pricing.

Barley Haven is in the lower $2.00/lb (maybe $2.15?) range. Brew Hut is at $1.85/lb. Don't know what the others are but I'm trying to check around occasionally.

Any idea what their grain price is? That's been my barometer as of late for pricing.

Barley Haven is in the lower $2.00/lb (maybe $2.15?) range. Brew Hut is at $1.85/lb. Don't know what the others are but I'm trying to check around occasionally.

ranges from 1.75-2.50 depending on the grain. Greg carries 170-something grains at the moment, a lot of stuff you don't see often like MFB, Europemalt, Patagonia, and BestMalts, besides the regular Breiss/Weyerman/Rahr/etc. Forget how many hops he has now....in the 60-70 variety range. Yeast from Danstar, Fermentis, Mango Jack, Wyeast, White Labs, Gigayeast.

If he doesn't have it, he can pretty much get it. No special order fees. Internet prices without the shipping.

We are at 178 grains, 109 hops. Gigayeast, WYeast, White Labs and even Denver's own Inland Island Liquid Yeast! Plus all the dry yeast I can find.

Most all grains are under $2.00/lb and we even sell full bags at lower cost than what the old fashioned 'bulk buys' advertise-$47.95 gets you a 50lb of a base 2-row that is better than the Colorado 2-row! Rahr and Briess are under $50 a bag as well, English Maris Otter is typically around $67 a bag. Not everyone wants a full bag and our base 2-rows are as low as $1.49 and most are $1.75 or less.
Check us out at www.QuirkyHomebrew.com and under the beer page, on the right side, is a grain list and a hop list-I update it regularly but have to say, as I write this post, we have new hops and new grains. Meridian, Pride of Ringwood, Hull Melon and Avangard line.
And yes, we do our best to compete with online and there are no extra special order fees.

We are at 178 grains, 109 hops. Gigayeast, WYeast, White Labs and even Denver's own Inland Island Liquid Yeast! Plus all the dry yeast I can find.

Most all grans are under $2.00/lb and we even sell full bags at lower cost than what the old fashioned 'bulk buys' advertise-$47.95 gets you a 50lb of a base 2-row that is better than the Colorado 2-row! Rahr and Briess are under $50 a bag as well, English Maris Otter is typically around $67 a bag. Not everyone wants a full bag and our base 2-rows are as low as $1.49 and most are $1.75 or less.
Check us out at www.QuirkyHomebrew.com and under the beer page, on the right side, is a grain list and a hop list-I update it regularly but have to say, as I write this post, we have new hops and new grains. Meridian, Pride of Ringwood, Hull Melon and Avangard line.
And yes, we do our best to compete with online and there are no extra special order fees.

you oughta be in my area instead. hahahhaa!!

Quirky's is easily the best homebrew store in the state at this point. We're lucky to have them!

Thanks doobliebop! We are still growing and expanding! As your Denver Metro Homebrew Super Store we are looking to carry it all and be internet competitive. A big goal, we admit, but our goal it is. Seldom a week goes by without us adding a few new products. Thanks for the support and keep spreading the word so we keep growing!

Didn't know how good I had it!! Malteurop 2 row base malt $25 for a 50 pound sack..... I guess having friends in the micro business pays!!

H.W.

Most all grains are under $2.00/lb and we even sell full bags at lower cost than what the old fashioned 'bulk buys' advertise-$47.95 gets you a 50lb of a base 2-row that is better than the Colorado 2-row! Rahr and Briess are under $50 a bag as well, English Maris Otter is typically around $67 a bag. Not everyone wants a full bag and our base 2-rows are as low as $1.49 and most are $1.75 or less.

Yes, we have plans but no set date. We are focusing on building up the store and meeting local demands and expectations (of Quirky and of customers) before going on line. Our new point of sale is a SQL back end and we are uploading product photos currently, so we are progressing towards the goal of being on line one step at a time. For now, please feel free to call us and ask about products! Not only will we answer, we are happy to prepare your order for pick up or shipping it to you.

**DISCLAIMER**

**I am not affiliated with the store in any way, just sharing info that others might want**

For anyone still on the fence about Quirky, it is time to hop off and make it in to the store.

Hands down the best I have ever been in, and the prices are great.
They have a great line of grains from Patagonia, that smell and fast amazing, far better than any of the "big" brands at the same price point.

If you are curious about the pricing, take a look and decide for yourself.Grain List

Tim

Just talked to Greg, and found out he carries Inland Island yeast, a lab in Denver.

Good Stuff

T

** I am also not affiliated with the store in any way, just sharing info that others might want **

This store rocks! Great grain and yeast selection. I just picked up the Colorado IPA yeast from Inland-Island. And the store folks are fantastic: very knowledgeable and helpful!

The best part: I live 15 minutes drive from them!

Peter :mug:

Can't say enough good stuff about this shop! Family friendly environment with extremely knowledgeable staff.

Butch

Back