Where to find beer (bottles) in Philly

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hikeon3

Reaction score
Not even sure if this is the right forum, but it's worth a shot I suppose.

I'm heading to Philadelphia in June for my brother's wedding and having never been there, I'm looking forward not only to the wedding, but to filling my suitcase on the return trip with beers that I just can't get out here in California.

I have a few popular offerings in mind that I for sure need to get my hands on. My brother, who isn't an expert by any means, pointed me toward The Foodery and for the most part I'll be able to snag what I want there. Having never tried anything from Bells, Founders, Sly Fox, Troegs, etc.

Was hoping to find some Three Floyds somewhere and see if the hype matches up. Am also open to more suggestions as to what I should pick up/try while I'm there.

Thanks in advance to anyone w/ advice.

3F? nope, they have reduced their distribution area and PA is no longer in the mix.

The Foodery is good but a bit spendy....check out Capones bottles shop out in Plymouth Meeting/Norristown. Hit the beerfly section on BeerAdvocate.com for plenty of info on locations through out the city.

3F? nope, they have reduced their distribution area and PA is no longer in the mix.

Damn. Well plenty of family in Chicago. Just need an excuse to visit... hmm... they usually come out here for winter and summer...

Thanks bt.

Where are you going to be?.....city proper or burbs?

Staying a little north of the city, but brother lives in the city by the University. So I'll be spending the majority of my actual time in/around the city.

I dont know I you can get it out in SD but if not then you definitely need to get some victory. Their hop devil, hop wollop, and golden monkey in particular.

Back