thinking of changing mash/lauter tun "strainer"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve973

Reaction score
Currently we're using a bazooka tube. I think we might spend the whole exorbitant, bank-breaking $25 and upgrade to a stainless steel false bottom. I am afraid that we get a bit of channeling with the bazooka tube, and I'd like to alleviate that.

On the other hand, we could batch sparge, instead.

We just want to maximize our efficiency. Not that it mattes a whole lot, but it's a source of pride maybe!

Comments?

Steve973 said:
Currently we're using a bazooka tube. I think we might spend the whole exorbitant, bank-breaking $25 and upgrade to a stainless steel false bottom. I am afraid that we get a bit of channeling with the bazooka tube, and I'd like to alleviate that.

On the other hand, we could batch sparge, instead.

We just want to maximize our efficiency.
I started with a SS false bottom, just because there was one sitting in front of me in the LHBS when I walked in with a gift certificate. I've only used it once, but I got 85% efficiency (I sparged real sloooowwww), so I've got to say I like it.

We're also thinking of getting a corona mill so that we can customzie the fineness of our grind for better efficiency. At our homebrew store, they can't adjust the plates of their grinder.

Back