So who's worked in their main electrical panel?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha ha....I'm the thread starter and have decided to bring it back from the dead!

Sooooo.... I finally updated the breakers in my main panel. Well, I had an electrician do it. I needed to swap out about 4 wide breakers with GE thinline ones, moved those, replace a 60a split panel breaker with 80a, and installed the 30a dual breaker. Took him about 1.5 hours and cost $220.

Lessons learned. Did he do anything differently? Not really. Most of the effort was just busy work of running wire into the panel, routing it, replacing breakers. But part of that price is peace of mind knowing everything is ok in the panel. With all the wiring things are packed in pretty tight.

If there was an empty spot that needed a new breaker to be dropped in I wouldn't think twice about doing so in the future.

Hey, if it cost you only $220 to be able to sleep good at night and not worry about your house bursting into flames because of a poor wiring job, then it was money well spent.

Haha, guessing your in michigan, so that would have been a deal breaker.

Isn't it funny how long the path can be to the solution that was there in the beginning. :mug:

Back