Attention Cheesehead Brewers and Aviation Enthusiasts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sorry I'm going to miss this one. I've been to the Airventure museum and it is pretty good. Kalamazoo, MI has a decent museum (very kid friendly), but the best one I've been to was in Dayton, OH (Air Force Museum). This one is updated frequently and is just huge. It would take at least a week to see everything in detail, or just a day to breeze through.

Anyone going to this should take pictures. :mug:

YOU ARE KIDDING ME!!!!!!!

I'll actually be in Minnesota that day--I'm flying back home after a visit with my daughters....unreal. Wish I'd have known before I booked the ticket--coulda flew back on the 4th and stayed at my Dad's.

ERRRRR........

Hmm, could fly myself up but then I'd miss out on the drinking extravaganza here. Plus 8hours btt, makes it tough.

z987k said:
Hmm, could fly myself up but then I'd miss out on the drinking extravaganza here. Plus 8hours btt, makes it tough.

If ya do stop at Timmerman Field and say "Hi" I'll be on the east side of the field behind Signature and the Civil Air Patrol hanger :mad:

I actually might of, as I love micro brews and such, and have been dying to fly somewhere outside of Illinois or not local, but there's this holiday this weekend that can't be missed. Plus if I stayed all day and drank how would I get home?

What an Effing good time that was! Talking beer drinking beer, talking flying, I was in heaven. Pol, if I bumped into you, I have no idea who you were........I should've pm'd you so we could have met, my dumb mistake. I'm pretty fckued up right now, I'll post again tomorrow when I'm somewhat sober...........man that was fun!

Bernie Brewer said:
What an Effing good time that was! Talking beer drinking beer, talking flying, I was in heaven. Pol, if I bumped into you, I have no idea who you were........I should've pm'd you so we could have met, my dumb mistake. I'm pretty fckued up right now, I'll post again tomorrow when I'm somewhat sober...........man that was fun!

I've made it to all three of the Hops and Props that they've had and it has really turned into a great event. The only downside to last night was I ran out of time and didn't get a chance to sample any of the offerings from a few of the breweries. But that doesn't mean I didn't get my fill. :drunk:

Bernie Brewer said:

LOL it must have taken me twenty minutes to hunt-and-peck my way through that post last night. I was seeng three keyboards.....:drunk:
Ran into several people I haven't seen in awhile, people that I knew from flying. that was fun.

One of the drawbacks i think was that some of the breweries just had volunteers srving the beer and weren't knowledgeable enough to answer any brewing -related questions. for instance one lady was trying tell me how thier beer was all-natural. I said, whaddya mean by that- is it bottle-conditioned or something? She says, what's bottle conditoned mean? I picked up a bottle, looked at the bottom, said never mind, it's not, and walked away.

On the other hand there were two homebrew clubs represented- Green Bay Rackers, and Society of Oshkosh Brewers (SOBs). They were by far the most talkative and enthusiastic- go figure:D

Oh and the award for best hottie beer server want to Sprecher;)

What fun!

Mark your calendars, Hops & Props '08 will be held March 1st at the EAA AirVenture Museum in Oshkosh starting @ 6:30pm.

Back