New Labels

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitch529

Reaction score
Figured I would share my new label design, still need to work up a neck label but here is the body label for apfelwein.

labelmh6.jpg

bottlelabelrq4.jpg

My fiance came up with the "Princess Potion" for the apfelwein, we thought it was perfect so the name stuck :ban:

Mitch

I likey. Small font on the right seems illegible, but it's a cool looking font, nonetheless.

That's an awesome label...the neck would look awesome with a wax imprint if you could find a way to engineer that. It looks like you water colored the border...did you use actual paint or is that all in the original image?

A wax imprint would be pretty sweet I will have to look into that. As for the image, I was going for a water color type look. Everything was created from scratch in photoshop.

Love the art and the overall design. Nicely done.

Not a fan of the font. It fits the theme in style and shape, but it's just too hard to read, even at large size.

Still, nicely done.

Great concept, I'm jealous of your idea... I've been trying to come up with an apfelwein label for a few days now to no avail.

I would've gone a different way with the center image, not really loving the filter, but overall very nice.

Thanks for the comments guys criticism is good!

I am probably going to be changing it around some as I have some other ideas. Originally I was going for a label that could be universal and just make new images etc... But I am kind of leaning towards individual label designs not quite sure yet but I will for sure post future labels up for criticism.

Mitch

Love the label!! Really nicely done.

One LITTLE thing that catches my eye is that blotch of ink right behind Snow White's head. Makes her look like she has a bun hairdoo!

I would move/alter that, but otherwise excellent!

Overall: the label looks great. Good job. :rockin:

If the apfelwein is not for sale why waste space with a Government Warning, (unless it's funny)? Like, Rita Rudner once said "if it weren't for alcohol most women wouldn't get pregnant..."

Skip the bar code also, unless it's an inside joke or actually means something. Without any numbers in it I presume it's made up.

The barcode & government warning were just a joke. I will be changing that side up most likely, for now its just there as filler.

I agree with the poster that made the comment about the blotch of ink above Snow Whites head. Other than that, I think it is excellent. Very nice job.

It's also interesting how labels really come to life when placed ON a bottle!

I liked the label, but when I saw the picture of it on a bottle, I loved it! Great Idea to have a look-see with it on the bottle.

Hi. I've been hanging around here for a while now, but I think this is my first post.

I love your design concept, but every time I look at the label the name gets washed out in the background. Have you tried different colors in the background of your graphic? Green maybe, just to make the lettering pop out more to be more readable.

Great overall, though!

I didn't get a chance to put this one on a bottle yet, but here is the latest revision. I think I took care of everyones critiques ... along with some changes of my own.

The only thing I am uncertain of is the hands in the corners, wrapped around the bottle it looks pretty cool as you do not see them at once. On the flattened image I just cannot seem to decide.

On a side note, I found a thread on how to remove the labels from corona bottles and I have a ton of them that were given to me. I think the label & apfelwein will look awesome with the clear bottles.

labelbr3.jpg

Back