Documenting My 2 Year Old Sour Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dantheman13

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I've documented the last 2 years of brewing a sour beer as a playlist on youtube. I think that the evolution of the beer and how my process has changed over that time could be of interest to some.

Special thanks to:

Here is the playlist.

Cheers,
Dan

I am pretty sure it was due to extreme oxidation. I didn't get vinegar, but the cardboard flavor was pretty noticeable. Interestingly, this beer seems to get less cardboard flavor over time, even though there shouldn't be any Brett in it.

Just heard the interview on Basic Brewing Radio. Congrats man! I'll have to look into your project and see how it progresses. Good luck with it!

You did a great job on the interview and documenting the the whole project. Cheers Dan. Looking forward to your future limbic. Let me know the recipe and ill brew the same thing and do a bottle share in 18months. I have a bottle of ecy20 in my fridge.

I haven't posted much about this here, but here is a short update video!

"Short video of a second pitching of wort into my solera fermenter, no additional organisms pitched. There is some more info on this beer in the youtube comments and a playlist link if interested!"

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-uMhA1W-Gw&list=PLibE2BjPG_8Hd8ijiJI6ViBCZZwahsceQ&index=16[/ame]

Back