Wyeast London Ale yeast cake

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jagg

Reaction score
Just brewed an IIPA using London Ale, was thinking of doin a milder Ale, like a Pale Ale or something, anyone want to throw a recipe out there for this yeast cake? I am not set up for AG yet, so I will have to use some extracts.Ill be pitching right on top in 6 gal. primary, will the hops left in there give me any trouble? thanks, and brew on!

Sorry, this is no help, but IMHO, you did it backwards. Always better to let the yeast start "easy" and work their way up to a stronger beer.

Sorry, I just read a book about barleywines so I'm all chock-full of EAC-ness. :fro:

I say make another high-gravity concoction as long as you've got the yeast cake ready. Why not an Imperial Stout?

I just made one before the two IIPA's i need something a little milder for summer, I'm going to let the Imperial stout and the 2 IIPA's age til sept., thanks for the suggestion though. Recipe? anyone?

Ok fine. Want something lighter? Try Orfy's Hob Goblin Clone. It's quite tasty. Mash at a little lower of a temp and hold back a bit of grain and it's a very nice brown ale....

Back