3L Swing Top Bottles??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ucdengboss

Reaction score
Is there anywhere to get empty 3L Swing Top bottles? I have seen them used for Stone's Double Bastard Ale and my neighbors Marin Brewing Co. (Belgian Quad). I am sure that other companies use them as well. I really only need 1, but I don't want to pay for a full one at $100+.

Any help here would be great. I am in Sacramento, Ca if that helps at all.

2L ones are easier to find.

[ame]http://www.google.com/search?q=2L+swingtop+growler&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a#q=2L+swing+top+growler&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=9xV&pwst=1&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&prmd=ivs&source=univ&tbs=shop:1&tbo=u&ei=Hen4TPb0PIKKlweMmM2gBw&sa=X&oi=product_result_group&ct=title&resnum=5&ved=0CEMQrQQwBA&biw=1189&bih=748&fp=4824b41ba0d4cfd8[/ame]

It has to be at least 3 liters?

Doesn't have to be 3L minimum, but I have seen the 3L swing tops used by a couple of different breweries for special seasonal brews so I figured that someone has got to make them.... I mean the breweries have to get them somewhere. I tried contacting one of them without any response. I have seen plenty of 2L's like you have shown.

i tried several searches just now. it'd help if we knew what the trade name for those bottles is. i tried everything i could think of. maybe call Stone and/or email a bunch of their brewers? the only thing is, you may have to buy a case of them from a dealer. i've been down the specialty bottle road a time or two. it's bumpy.

Back