Keezer collar and condensation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dedhedjed

Reaction score
I am beginning to get the parts together for a keezer conversion with a collar attached to the body of the freezer. Wood is not a great insulator, so I am a little concerned with temperature loss (but with a johnson control is shouldn't be a huge issue). More importantly I am wondering if folks have had an issue with condensation on the outside of the collar as the inside would be in contact with cold air and the outside in contact with room temperature air (the keezer will be in doors).

my inclination is to not worry about it, but has anyone had any issues with this? I was thinking that some foam insulation on the inside of the collar might help if it is a problem.

Thanks for any input.

i have not had any moisture problems either. i used 2x10.

i did notice the freezer ran more often than it should due to the lack of insulation so on the interior i added ventilation insulation from home depot. worked perfectly. also i added a muffin fan to circulate the air. prob not necessary but i like it.

Back