Help finding a brewing buddy??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LumberjackJohn

Reaction score
Hey guys,

As much as I love brewing beer, I don't think I like doing it alone all the time. Wouldn't it be nice to share tips and tricks with a fellow homebrewer while drinking a glass of each other's latest batch? My problem is, the closest HBS is probably two hours away (Houston), and the only link I've found for an East Texas homebrew club takes me to a dead website. How can I find people in my area to brew with? I know I could always encourage the friends I have already to start brewing, but most are under 21 and/or live on campus where beer is prohibited.

I feel your pain. I brewed with my buddy exclusively for about two and a half years, until he moved. I have no other friends into homebrewing, no one to swap brews with or trade tips with.

You could try starting a group on this website and see if anyone joins. Several of us here in Central Texas have hooked up that way.

I have a friend that lives in your town that just started homebrewing

They are coming at christmas to exchange a few homebrews

I will ask them if I can forward you there E Mail

:rockin:

Almost everyone who posted in this thread is from Texas. Why can't you all get together. after all, Texas isn't that big, is it :)

I just got a dog so hopefully I can brew with him next time. THere seems to be a ton of homebrewers around me but I am a chicken **** when it comes to meeting people.

Almost everyone who posted in this thread is from Texas. Why can't you all get together. after all, Texas isn't that big, is it :)

Yeah it cracks me up when my dad tells me how he went from New Haven, CT to New York in about an hour (I think that was how long it took him.) I'm originally from Houston, not Nacogdoches, and it takes about an hour to get from one side of the city to the next!

Winzerz, that would be great if you could get us in contact with each other. I'll shoot you a PM with my info.

Well, you *could* invite a few of those college guys over to help. They just won't officially be able to RDWHAHB with you. Remember, it's not beer until it's fermented. You'd be like a mentor.

Yeah it cracks me up when my dad tells me how he went from New Haven, CT to New York in about an hour (I think that was how long it took him.) I'm originally from Houston, not Nacogdoches, and it takes about an hour to get from one side of the city to the next!

Winzerz, that would be great if you could get us in contact with each other. I'll shoot you a PM with my info.

try going from Brooklyn to Manhattan in NYC... takes all day..lol

New Haven to NYC is not all that far now if you went from NYC to the Canadian border above Plattsburg you are talking about 400+ miles.

Maybe driving from Nacogdoches to Houston isn't as long as I thought! My girlfriend and I are going to Grove, Oklahoma next week for Christmas and she informed me that it is about a seven hour drive!! Good thing I just bought the Homebrewer's Companion to keep me company!!

Back