Arrogant Bastard clone AHS???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You may have to wait awhile. I am sure someone is thinking about brewing the kit and is about to ask.

HA!

For the record, the clone is very, very close to the real deal.

What alcohol do you use? Vodka or Jim Beam? like right after you add the flavoring pouch?

*this is a joke by the way* but the kit is awsome.

The wife and daughter are away and I am making 15 gallons of beer!

I am making an amber to taste like english toffee. Yum...

Forrest

P.S. Glad you like the Mozz kit.

Forrest,

I DO !!! I DO!!!

The only problem is something with my methods on the last 2 batches have resulted in less than stellar curd formation.

I am switching to fresh from the cow stuff for the next batch, so we'll see.

I know its a method problem, b/c I made killer mozz for the first 4 or 5 attempts...

Are you following the instructions? The Calcium chloride really helps. I find that if you keep the curd hot to the touch while kneading it works much better.

Once I seperate the whey from the curd, I knead then microwave for 30 seconds, then knead and microwave for 15 seconds. Knead by pushing down with your knuckles to flatten. Then fold over and push with your knuckles again. If it starts to cool reheat for 15 seconds. Once the curd starts to look shiny then you do not need to heat again. It should be ok at that point to pick up and knead for a little longer.

You really need to keep it hot until it starts to shine. Try this out.

I will be putting a video on the website to help.

You should be able to use just store bought milk. I think if you just follow the instruction and keep it hot it will work for you. Don't omit the calcium chloride because that will make it worse.

I ordered your mozz kit and made my first batch a few days ago - came out great but I did have to triple up on the salt. Currently thinking about ordering your Double Bastard clone to pitch on top of a Pacman cake I have currently going w/ a 1.069 OG brew - would this be ok or might the yeast already be too stressed?

AlBrewer,
yeah, I at least double up on the salt, but I eat a lot of salt anyways.

Try your next batch with 20 or 30 drops of liquid smoke in it.

Smoked Mozz anybody?

I've got a batch of AHS Arrogant Bastard in primary right now. I think I'll try it with some oak maybe. I'll let it ferment out then give it a taste without the oak and see if I want to change it. BTW, I picked up a sixer of the Oaked Arrogant Bastard at Whole Foods yesterday. It's not bad actually, just not sure if I want 6 gallons of it.

Thanks Forrest for running a great store!

Back