Keezers never get old, do they? My build.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MooMooBrew

Reaction score
Brand new out of the box.
IMG_0192.JPG

Holds 11 kegs. ZOMG!
IMG_0588.JPG

Building the Freezer extension:
IMG_0208.JPG

IMG_0209.JPG

IMG_0274.JPG

IMG_0291.JPG

Building steel frame for cart body:
IMG_0219.JPG

IMG_0221.JPG

IMG_0228.JPG

IMG_0299.JPG

Had to mount the frezer backwards due to a miscalculation on where the holes went on the lid.

Building the lid:

underlayment was cut using a shopbot
IMG_0232.JPG

Existing lid disassembled
IMG_0248.JPG

Cutting the air loop for the liquid lines
IMG_0260.JPG

Assembling the lid
IMG_0275.JPG

IMG_0276.JPG

IMG_0279.JPG

Gas lines and drain line to run through the lid
IMG_0280.JPG

IMG_0283.JPG

Toilet flanges to accept the air loop and fan assemblies for liquid lines
IMG_0284.JPG

IMG_0292.JPG

The functional mock up:
IMG_0319.JPG

Finish work going up
IMG_0352.JPG

Water jet cut stone (quartzite)
IMG_0400.JPG

IMG_0401.JPG

Silver wrapped tube is the miter cut and insulated air tube for the liquid lines
IMG_0402.JPG

and the lights!
IMG_0410.JPG

More finish work
IMG_0566.JPG

IMG_0568.JPG

IMG_0570.JPG

Tap Handles
IMG_0567.JPG

All together now!
IMG_0576.JPG

IMG_0580.JPG

IMG_0589.JPG

Thanks!

A little more detail, the lights and fans are driven by a reed switch and several SSRs so that they turn off when the lid opens, and an overhead light turns on so i can see what im doing.

The lid is pretty heavy, but it is supported and operated by a linear actuator (lifts 400lbs!)

Temp control is located in the back of the tap box (love controls) and the probe is in the whitelabs yeast tube. I put vodka in the tube so it doesnt mold or freeze.

The bottom mat i put in so that the kegs dont sit in water if there is any condensation. there is also a drain solenoid that will allow me to drain the bottom without having to fumble around in the bottom.

very nice, having an abundance of professional tools really makes it look easy

This is awesome. Did you use the same hinges and drill them straight into the collar? are you concerned with the weight of the top if you did?

Wow, unreal. There's a TechShop near me, and I've almost pulled the trigger on joining several times. This thread really, really makes me want to join. That's some scratch they charge, though.

My first thought was that you must be a television repairman, cuz that's the ultimate set of tools. I wish there was a shop like that near by. Very nice work, especially the tap handles.

Wow, unreal. There's a TechShop near me, and I've almost pulled the trigger on joining several times. This thread really, really makes me want to join. That's some scratch they charge, though.

I agree, i managed to get work to pay for it so sometimes I'm in there making stuff for them. It's hard to think of even attempting to do something like this without it though.

Great thank you.. Gate hinges into the freezer or into the collar?

The hinges connect the back loop of steel to the wood underlayment for the stone. The old lid is screwed onto the underlayment. i'll post a pic later to show you what i mean.

Beautiful work! Can you elaborate on why you put the sensor in the WLP tube? I'm sure is has something to do with how it responds to the cold air but I'd love to hear a full explanation. Thanks.

Loving this keezer. So much better that just a regular one as yours looks like a bar. The wife just might let something like this in the house and not be restricted to just the garage or basement. Nice build.

cy2989 said:
Beautiful work! Can you elaborate on why you put the sensor in the WLP tube? I'm sure is has something to do with how it responds to the cold air but I'd love to hear a full explanation. Thanks.

The tube is full of vodka. It won't freeze, won't mold, and won't allow the freezer to have wild swings in cycling on and off ( temp stable)

I assume you have a primary regulator attached to the CO2 tank dropping the pressure to 20-30 PSI so you can use regular low-pressure hose for your "high pressure" line? I was planning to get a high-pressure hose to move my tank outside my keezer, but this seems like a much better idea. Safer, and requires a much smaller hole to be drilled.

Back