What's in your fermenter(s)?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
10g How Rye I Am
10g Flanders red style ale
3g SNPA I pitched brett b into as an experiment
3g Tank 7 I pitched dregs of SaisonBrett into to make more Saison Brett
5g table saison

5g Half-Nelson IPA

5.25 lbs 2-row
5 lbs MO
1 lb German Wheat Malt
6 oz Crystal 20
6 oz Crystal 30

Magnum, Nelson, Centennial, Cascade

Gotta take a second FG of my dry stout tomorrow or Wednesday to see if it's stable to add to oaked bourbon in secondary soon. Bottled the Buckeye Red last Friday. And brewmhr, I'm curious what you cool that cabinet with? I need to build one myself to fit on top of my fermenter stand...

3 gallons year old barley wine with Brett
5 gallons Flanders red
5.5 gallons helles in primary doing a diacetyl rest
5.5 gallons table saison with oats in primary
5.5 gallons gose

Unionrdr I picked up a small fridge from an RV on craigslist, ripped the condenser and coil out if it and put it in the cabinet. The cabinet has 1.5 to 3" polystyrene all around except the door. I also mounted a small fan above the chill plate to help the little guy out. So far it has no problem holding ale temps when ambient us up to 90. I'm considering cold crashing in it when these are done. That should be a good workout for it

3 gallons of Dead Ringer dry hopping
5 gallons of Mexican Amber in secondary from AIH
5 gallons of American wheat in primary from AIH
5 gallons of Ares de Biere from NB in secondary

Double IPA

50/50 2-row and Marris Otter with a splash of Crystal 40

Galaxy, Citra, Amarillo, Cascade Hops

The sample I took post boil tasted amazing, can't wait for it to finish up.

1ccO8R0.jpg

Unionrdr I picked up a small fridge from an RV on craigslist, ripped the condenser and coil out if it and put it in the cabinet. The cabinet has 1.5 to 3" polystyrene all around except the door. I also mounted a small fan above the chill plate to help the little guy out. So far it has no problem holding ale temps when ambient us up to 90. I'm considering cold crashing in it when these are done. That should be a good workout for it

I was thinking of building a cabinet to fit my 2 fermenters with a small, one room A/C unit set in one side & plugged into a temp control.

Bottle the Irish red & got the FV cleaned for the next batch, a #1 Burton strong ale. The dry stout in the other one's finishing up atm. Gotta get a Cooper's English Bitter going in that one so I can draw off a gallon for malt vinegar.

A Maris Otter/ Centennial SMaSH to join the Plis/ Simcoe SMaSH already in my fermentation chamber.

I figure there's no better way of learning about each component than letting them shine through singularly.

10 gallons of partial boiled co3c

The smash beers to learn about different ingredients make sense, I want to make a bunch of different hop teas so I can learn more about hops

I threw together a 5 gallon batch with mostly pilsner, 1lb of vienna, and 4oz of Special B (with a little Saaz here and there). Ready to keg this weekend. We'll see.

Pomegranite and boysenberry wine (been going a long time now, still a slow bubble)

Blonde Ale which I'm brewing for a Spanish themed meal with some friends. Should be a lager but that wouldn't have been ready in time. German malt (Heidleburg/Kolsch) + NZ hops (Kohatu) + USA yeast (BRY-97) = Spanish beer. Doesn't it? :p

5 Gallon Gose made with Himalayan Pink Salt and Rose Petals. I call it the Rosė Gose or Rose Gose(Goes).

Trying my hand at something good for guests: 50% pilsner 50% wheat with minimal hopping and saison yeast.

Another Blonde slighter more grain and slightly less hops. More or less a test for a friends birthday gift. I think that 5.8 alc is probably to stiff for Corona drinkers. But I bet I will ENJOY it.:)

5 gallons of Hefeweizen with 60% German wheat and 20% each of Vienna and Munich.

5.5 gallons of rye saison using german pils as a base and added sweet orange peel and crushed corriander near the end of the boil.

5.5 gallons of vienna/columbus SMaSH

5 gallons Motueka/El Dorado apa dryhopping
5.5 gallons Not sure the style. 1.059 Pils base w touch of Vienna, Wyeast 1007 @ 62F

5 Gallons ChinAm (Chinook-Amarillo) IPA
2-Row
Munich
Carapils
Crystal 60
Chinook @ 60 mins
Chinook/Amarillo @ 30 mins
Amarillo @ 15 mins
Amarillo @ 5 mins
Amarillo @ flame out
Amarillo Dry hop 5 days
Kegging tomorrow !

5.5 gallons Meyer lemon witbier brewed with golden naked oats and white labs 410 platinum wit strain.

5 gallons mosaic-heavy APA based on hophands clone (80/20 MO/flaked oats) with a few minor adjustments.

15 gallons of cherry lambic, 15 gallons of Belgian Wit waiting to be split into 5 gals each of Peach, Blueberry and plain Wit. On deck are a rebrew of my Brett Rye Saison and my "Good Girls Don't But I Do" cream ale. Been away from brewing due to knee surgery so making up for lost time. Bottles, cornies and firkins cleaned and waiting.

5 gal cherry apfelwein
5 gal Sam Adams impersonator
5.5 gal altbier
5.5 gal hefeweizen
1 gal banana wine
1 gal peach wine
1 gal Apple wine
1 gal jaom
1 gal lemon lime mead

5.5 Gal How rye I am saison. Subbed the 4 oz of styrian goldings 60 min to .5 oz magnum
(IBUs matched and was cheaper, I don't understand using so much low AA bittering hop)

5 Gal "Monster-Slayer" cider, will back sweeten with cherry concentrate and honey to 1.013 for a zombie killer psuedo clone.
5 gal "Emhain Abhlach" - cider (OG 1.070, FG expected to be 1.003~) will be backsweeten with apple concentrate to 1.010.

Next up is "The fall of Goibniu" - Irish oatmeal stout with pale chocolate.

Back