a very effective way to "start" skeeter pee

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have done this with the apple juice starter many times works perfect every time ..

I don't mean to hijack the thread but you guys seem to know a lot about making SP. I've never made SP before but I think my wife and her friends would probably dig it. I have a Saison going right now using Wyeast 3711 French Saison. Looks like it has an ABV tolernce of up to 12% and it's really tearing through my Saison. Do you think 3711 would work for SP or would the highly acidic environment cause problems?

I've made it with US 05 and WLP English ale yeat and both turned out great and got the gravity under 1. Go for it.

I'm on about my third Skeeter Pee. I don't put all the lemon juice in at first; I just add one bottle. Let the yeast multiply for a few days, and when it's really bubbling good I add the second bottle of lemon juice. In another week, I'll add the last half a bottle (I make 4 gallon batches) I've never had a problem getting it to start using a packet of EC1118 or Premier Cuvee.

I'm using the 71B dregs from a batch of cider this time, and it's going a little slower but still chugging along.

Back