Hello Fellow Washingtonians!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, we moved in to crowd it up some more. ;)

Howdy Cat. Im near Lake Goodwin. Ive seen ya on here before and always meant to give ya a shout. Do you belong to a club in the area? We have a great one I belong to. Love to have ya. LOve to brew together some time also or talk shop.

I brew on an electric HERMS rig, but the concepts are all the same. I started out all grain with the 10 gallon Gott cooler.

There's a good chance I'll be brewing this weekend. I need to get a Schwarzbier done for an internal club competition. It could be interesting as we have to use the Anchor Steam Cal Lager yeast, which is not the native yeast normally used to brew a Schwarzbier.

BREW or GEBL? I belong to the Stilly Mashers. Maybe Ill run into ya at NHC. Would love to check out your rig and maybe brew sometime. Happy brewing

Hey Sean. I'm with GEBL. I know a couple Stilly Mashers. Karen and Bob, and Mark and Alison. Your welcome over anytime. Things are getting crazy between the NHC planning and a May wedding for me. I will be brewing up a couple wedding beers pretty soon.

Cheers

Howdy Cat. Im near Lake Goodwin. Ive seen ya on here before and always meant to give ya a shout. Do you belong to a club in the area? We have a great one I belong to. Love to have ya. LOve to brew together some time also or talk shop.

Hey Sean,

I spent a lot of time on Lake Goodwin back in the day!!! :drunk:

Hey Sean. I'm with GEBL. I know a couple Stilly Mashers. Karen and Bob, and Mark and Alison. Your welcome over anytime. Things are getting crazy between the NHC planning and a May wedding for me. I will be brewing up a couple wedding beers pretty soon.

Cheers

Wedding... What's this you speak of? Congrats bro!!! :mug:

There's another guy on the island on here who's invited me to a club he's in. Not sure if it's the same one. I just haven't had a chance to make it yet.

Wedding... What's this you speak of? Congrats bro!!! :mug:

Didn't I mention it when you were over? What a dunce I am sometimes. We are getting married on May 5th over in Leavenworth with a renaissance theme. We are going to have just a small to mid sized wedding, and then we are going to have a big party on Sat May 12th at the house to celebrate the wedding. We figured it is much easier to just have a big celebration party at the house the week after to share and celebrate the event with friends, then to have a big wedding and all the expense, and people not being able to drive to Leavenworth, or having to worry about wedding gifts and all the jazz.

You are more than welcome to head over to the party on the 12th. They'll be plenty of beer and other libations I'm sure. Renaissance attire is optional at the party. Some guests want to dress up, some do not. Once we're good and drunk the Ren folk can terrorize and pillage the non Rens as they see fit

Didn't I mention it when you were over? What a dunce I am sometimes. We are getting married on May 5th over in Leavenworth with a renaissance theme. We are going to have just a small to mid sized wedding, and then we are going to have a big party on Sat May 12th at the house to celebrate the wedding. We figured it is much easier to just have a big celebration party at the house the week after to share and celebrate the event with friends, then to have a big wedding and all the expense, and people not being able to drive to Leavenworth, or having to worry about wedding gifts and all the jazz.

You are more than welcome to head over to the party on the 12th. They'll be plenty of beer and other libations I'm sure. Renaissance attire is optional at the party. Some guests want to dress up, some do not. Once we're good and drunk the Ren folk can terrorize and pillage the non Rens as they see fit

LOL! Nope, I don't think you did! Regardless... CONGRATS!!! That sounds like an awesome idea for the wedding/party!
Thanks for the invite. I think I need to make the 5 minute drive over for this one!!! :mug:

ChshreCat said:
There's another guy on the island on here who's invited me to a club he's in. Not sure if it's the same one. I just haven't had a chance to make it yet.

Would that happen to be Matt?

Zen_Brew said:

Cheers

Very cool. Congratulations. Let me know after things cool off when your brewing next. I'll definitely head over. Cheers

Phil from Kent here. I'm a glutton for punishment and like long brew days, usually double and triple decoction lagers. I also belong to the Impaling Alers homebrew club.

Phil from Kent here. I'm a glutton for punishment and like long brew days, usually double and triple decoction lagers. I also belong to the Impaling Alers homebrew club.

Whats up Phil? Welcome. Im pretty good friends with Big Al (Alejandro) You guys gonna participate at club night at NHC?

Another lacey/olympia brewer here

My tap water is chlorinated so I get my water from the artesian well in downtown oly, anyone else do this?

Hey Phil, does your club have a website? I'm in Covington looking into clubs. thx:mug:

My tap water is chlorinated so I get my water from the artesian well in downtown oly, anyone else do this?

I have a buddy who uses well water also. He has to treat it first. It still makes good brew. I use city water taste fine for my brews.

I'm a luker too with the club. Have been a member of the Alers for almost a year but have not been able to make it to a meeting.

Whats up, Anyone in the Lacey/Oly area. We need to swap brews. My name is Anthony I have been brewing over a year now AG. We should all get together and due a massive homebrewing session. I love the state forums it about time.

Hey Anthony, I just passed my 1 year mark with AG, as well. I'd love to get a local brew session going. Last month I had a bunch of brewers from a PNW VW forum come down, and we did a few batches. Enjoying some Citra IPA right now!

I usually use water from the tap, here in Lacey. I always mean to drive downtown and try the well, but have forgotten every time.

Hey Anthony, I just passed my 1 year mark with AG, as well. I'd love to get a local brew session going. Last month I had a bunch of brewers from a PNW VW forum come down, and we did a few batches. Enjoying some Citra IPA right now!

I usually use water from the tap, here in Lacey. I always mean to drive downtown and try the well, but have forgotten every time.

That would be cool to brew with you sometime. Right now I have a tripel on tap and dry hopping a cascade pale ale. I work every weekend so I do most of my brewing during the week. Let me know if you have something planned.

Hi,

My name is Brent and I'm from Seattle. I'm a complete newbie to brewing but I have been wanting to do it for awhile. Looking for any tips or generally helpful advice on how to get started.

My plan for right now is as follows:

Order the Mr. Beer brew kit online
Wait till it gets here
Follow instructions
Wait
See how it turns out

If anyone has any tips on how to speed that up (such as a better place to buy the materials), make it more fun or better quality (remember I'm new) it would be much appreciated. Preferably any advice that would make it easier and cheaper would be great as I am trying to get some friends into this, but cost isn't really an issue.

Bob's Homebrew on NE 55th St. is a good place to get started. They have a deal where you get everything you need (except bottles and a kettle) for your first 5 gallon batch. I think it was about $100 a few years ago when I started out. The people there are good too. More $$ than Mr. Beer, but worth it IMO.

Greetings from Auburn... Who has taken part in National Brew Day at Larry's? I've been there for the last 8 years, what a HOOOT!! The day starts off with Bloody Maries at 0700 and goes down hill from there.

Phil from Queen Anne here, I love Seattle and brewing. Been a "member" of the alers for a while but still have not attended a single meeting. For shame.

Yo zen! Good to hear a familiar voice in the thread :mug:

Hi All -
Another newbie, from South Everett/Mill Creek area. I'm going to jump directly into all grain. Still gathering all the equipment needed, but hope to be brewing within about a month.

I've already come up with a name for my brewing operation - Nine Lives Brewing - and am busy thinking up names for my brews ... get the important things out of the way first! :mug:

Catmandu. Welcome to the club. I'd recommend you get plugged into a brew club. It's the best thing I ever did to grow in my brewing experience. Having all different levels of brewers to bounce things off. And having people to taste your beer. And give you critiques is awesome. You have two clubs in your area BREW (brewing renegades of Everett wa) and GEBL( greater Everett brewers league). I have friends in both. Cheers.

Any brewers up near Sammamish?

Just relocated from Bellevue. Haven't been brewing lately, but rather setting up my Keezer.

Phil from Queen Anne here, I love Seattle and brewing. Been a "member" of the alers for a while but still have not attended a single meeting. For shame.

Yo zen! Good to hear a familiar voice in the thread :mug:

Hey Philrose, god time flies. Seems like forever since we brewed at your place. Hope all is well with you and your family. I've gotten to meet several of the Alers and they are good people. You should check them out.

Hi All -
Another newbie, from South Everett/Mill Creek area. I'm going to jump directly into all grain. Still gathering all the equipment needed, but hope to be brewing within about a month.

I've already come up with a name for my brewing operation - Nine Lives Brewing - and am busy thinking up names for my brews ... get the important things out of the way first! :mug:

Hey Catmandu. There are several brewers I know here in the South Everett/Mill Creek area. I live right in the Seattle Hill area myself. You can look me up anytime, and I brew pretty frequently if you ever want to stop over.

Welcome and cheers :mug:

Hi All -

Welcome! I'm in Mill Creek as well, about 5 minutes from Zen_Brew!

:mug:

Back