favorite worst beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keystone tallboys will always have a place in my heart, 4 bucks for 6 16 oz. beers.

I like the Banquet Beer, good ole Coors Original.

Plus, if Sam Elliot endorses it, it's gotta be good.

For filler and sometimes just cause....

Yuengling (kinda really like it) or Amber bock(Not bad on tap)...

I like both of those too. Amber Bock was one of the first non-lite beers I got into, and I still have a soft spot for it (at least on draft...bottle is a bit "meh").

For budget beers, PBR is ok. It may taste like alcoholic Corn Flakes, but at least it tastes like something.

When it's hot outside and I wan't more than 2 or 3 beers, it's gotta be Hamm's. Used to be PBR, but all the Portland hipsters ruined that for me. Rainier just won gold at GABF, so I may have to give it a try.

There's a sportsbar/brewery here in OKC called Coach's. They make ****ty beer but I oddly like their IPA. Can't beat it for $2 during happy hour at least.

Carling's Black Label ... but I haven't been able to find Carling's for the past 10 or 12 months. Was my go-to swill beer for years and years. Whistled the "Mabel, another black label" song every damn time.

The Kroger's supermarket by me has huge pallets of Genny Cream and Genessee stuck right in between the stuffing display on one side and shelves of gravy on the other. $1 for 24 ounce can.

My recent find though is that Blatz is available again. Picked up a case of Blatz long necks a couple weeks ago. Sat in the garage, stewed in nostalgia.

Still got a Brewster the Goebel Rooster poster in my garage. The fine french beer Goebel (pronounced zhoe-bell') has been gone for at least the past 5 years.

Like to find Hamm's ... but I think that ship has sailed too.

Back