What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tumblr_mkt2xlt6BB1s6khk8o1_500.gif

Hippy lol

Morning Thunder black tea... Wonder if I could incorporate this into a beer...

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Home Brew mobile app

Remmy how are you surviving with the great NEBCO shortage of 2014?

Haven't been drinking much lately. So, it hasn't impacted me too much. I had my last Gandhi sometime last week. Sea Hag and 668 are still available in my local stores.

Ugh had too many sour beers at New Holland last night. My tongue tastes like it was brushed with lacto and barnyard lol. Having a jug of water and then another jug of water

I just took samples from my scottish hybrid ale and my vanilla bean bourbon oak porter. I am not picking up a lot of oak, which is probably good. I worried that my 2 oz was too much after all. 3 vanilla beans gave me the flavor ( I believe ) that I was looking for and 4 oz of bourbon couldn't have been more spot on. At 5.6% ABV, I have a porter that is ready to drink once bottled. It wasn't hot or anything. I brewed it 12/14 racked to secondary 1/11. I am pretty happy.

The scottish ale is a clone and my first all grain. Slightly sweeter than the original and a bit thin considering I didn't have the pre boil volume I needed. I am still okay with it and it isn't a dumper. I'm halfway considering racking a gallon over vanilla beans.

Halfway through my pot of coffee. Have the day off to play daddy daycare with my youngest. Looking forward to cracking a beer in a few hours. Couldn't believe it last night when I found out my bottle shop carries OskarBlues Old Chub for $9/6pack. How did I miss that for so long??? Guess I'm used to Ten Fidy and G'Knight that go for $13/4pack

I'm still seeing Sea Hag
and 668 as well, but haven't seen Gandhi in a hot minute.

Also drinking water.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Home Brew mobile app

Last time I saw Gandhi on the shelves (actually, behind the counter) was about a month ago.

The guy at my local liquor store holds some for me for when I go there. He has 4 cases of BCBS, Barleywine and Coffee Stout he hoards, too. He puts one or two on the shelves at a time. I suppose he wants people to think there's a shortage, so they have no problem rushing to buy it for $10/bottle.

Halfway through my pot of coffee. Have the day off to play daddy daycare with my youngest. Looking forward to cracking a beer in a few hours. Couldn't believe it last night when I found out my bottle shop carries OskarBlues Old Chub for $9/6pack. How did I miss that for so long??? Guess I'm used to Ten Fidy and G'Knight that go for $13/4pack

Sounds about right. Old Chub are $10/6 and Ten Fidy are $14/4 'round these parts.

How'd ya like the old chub?

Ugh had too many sour beers at New Holland last night. My tongue tastes like it was brushed with lacto and barnyard lol. Having a jug of water and then another jug of water

Million dollar idea! Guaranteed! Lacto and barnyard flavored toothpaste. Who's with me?

Ten fidy is my favorite imperial stout and definitely one of my top beers overall.

I'm brewing a clone soon!

DisturbdChemist said:
I'm more of a fan of Yeti. Cheaper and better. I'm not a fan of oskar blues.

Really? Im assuming because of how much their beer costs? I can understand that but they make some outstanding beers.

Dave37 said:
Really? Im assuming because of how much their beer costs? I can understand that but they make some outstanding beers.

I agree great divide makes some great stuff too. Different strokes fo different fokes. :D

Back