oxidized beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewmasterpa

Reaction score
ok, so i screwed up and forgot to purge the oxygen off a loaded keg before i carbonated it. it now tastes like wet cardboard. i had 2 kegs of this batch. the first was marvelous and also gone in a week. the second i tapped and went,......phweeeeewww. so my question is, is there any way to save this whole keg of beer??? i have no idea how to do it if there is.

that is what i was fearing. this was my heavenly pilsener batch and it turned out awesome and took 2.5 months to make so now im pissed. that was a lot of anticipation to wind up drain cleaner.

If you were a big commercial brewery, it would be easy enough to brew another few bbls and blend in the oxidized batch to mask the flavor. Sadly, I think this one is better off getting flushed.

Sorry to hear that, man. At least tell me it was a small batch. :(

10 gallons, and it was my stupid fault too so i cant blame anything but my dumb ass. but, if you look at my recipes, its in there. you might try it. if youve had spaten pils, its pretty close. i think if i mashed at 142-144 i could dupilcate spaten pils. the flavor is damn close, but its not as dry, and its almost as clear. i think the wheat gives it a little haziness.

Back