Tucson, AZ Oktoberfest and Hombrew Challenge October 22, 2011

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maximus

Reaction score
There will be an Oktoberfest and Homebrew Challenge on October 22, 2011 @ Thunder Canyon Brewery in Tucson, AZ. All proceeds go to charity. The winning beer of the Homebrew Challenge will be put on a guest tap at Thunder Canyon Brewery with all sales of that beer going to charity. The event is being put on by the union for the Northwest Tucson Firefighters. Details can be found here. Tickets are $25 the day of the event and $20 in advance. In addition to home brew, there will also be several micro breweries dispensing beer. Live music and food as well.

Just wanted to give this event a bump. I will have six beers on tap at this event and they are 6 of my best beers to date. I will be serving a Munich Helles, Oktoberfest, Oatmeal Stout, American Amber, English IPA, and American Wheat. It is going to be hard to give all of this beer away. It also looks like they are going to have several very good breweries on tap (Firestone Walker, Alaskan Brewing, Four Peaks, Left Hand, Ska, New Belgium, Big Sky, San Tan, Ballast Point, Breckenridge, Thunder Canyon, Barrio, just to name a few). All for charity; $20 in advance, $25 the day of. Most of the other beer festivals in Southern Arizona run 2-3 times this. This is definitely a bargain and for a good cause.

Details can be found @ http://www.brew.nwfirefighters.org/

I can't make it this year, but would send me a private message about the process of entering the contest for next year. My grandparents have a house in tuscon, and would let me use it to make the trip out there for a contest.

My Cousin and I won, 1st place and crowd favorite! Our IIPA will be put on tap by Thunder Canyon.

I wish we had gotten word about this sooner. Our club could have put together 10 gallons to share for sure......
There's always next year! I can hook you up with the organizers' email if you'd like.

Well, BierMunchers “Helles Belles” didn't turn out:mad:. It blew my bubbler off and was exposed overnight. I tried to save it, but it tastes funky.

Attempting a 10der, Bee Cave Brewery Haus Pale Ale. Will be surprised if it's good 10 days after brewing. Thinking of calling it "love me 10der" Thoughts?

Back