Partial mash help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trizzle

Reaction score
SO I'm showing a friend how to brew. I usually all grain but I'm showing him how to partial and of course with the grains, I have no grain bag!!! Any ideas??!!

Are you using your AG equipment or his? You can steep the grains in your mash tun just like in all grain brewing. If you aren't using a tun, you could pass it through a colander after steeping.

Pat

How clean are you're socks? ;) I actually read today on a website that you can mash the grains in a pot on the stove and strain them out in a colander or strainer and sparge them after. Not sure how much grain you are talking about. I have also never tried this. Good luck! The link might give you an idea

http://www.northernbrewer.com/learn/partial-mash-walkthrough/

^ This! ^ I haven't taken the leap to AG yet but this works great for specialty and partial mash grain.
Edit: I use a pasta stainer then dump the liquor through a double mesh stainer right into my BK

Back