4.75 gallon Corny?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

springer

Reaction score
I was cleaning some kegs that I haven't used yet. While I was lining them up I noticed one that was shorter than all the rest. I have a mix of kegs some are pin lock coke and some are pepsi that are converted to sanke and they are slightly taller than the Coke ...

This one is shorter than all of them . It says associated Coka Cola on it , it is a Cornelius keg but say's the capacity is 4.75 gallons anyone else seen these type before?

Carny?

carny-030.jpg

:p

Is it pin lock?I've heard of coca-cola pin locks being shorter, and a little wider... but same volume as far as I know. Anyone else have one of these? I thought I saw a post not too long ago... Hmm...

I noticed that with one of my cornies. Well, I only have two so far: one from the LHBS and one from Adventures in Homebrewing. The one from the LHBS is your typical Pepsi corny made by Firestone. The one from AIH says "Canada Dry U.K." and "Made in Italy". A quick measurement shows they're both about the same diameter. I suppose one could compare actual volumes. I wonder if it has to do with the difference between gallons and liters. Maybe the European ones are something like 18 liters as opposed to 5 gallons, which would be an oddball measurement at 18.925 liters.

Chris

this is an American Coke pin lock just like the rest but its about 1/ 1/2 inches shorter with same diam as the others . Thats what made me notice it I thought maybe the plastic bottom was shaved but its not the actual SS part of teh keg is shorter. The Pepsi ones are Taller than the Coke kegs

My pin lock is shorter and wider than my 2 ball locks. Looks to be the same volume though.

Mine also Coke and Pepsi used different height kegs with the same volume But this one is a Coke (pin lock) and is shorter than all the rest of them and says on the side capacity 4.75 gallons I will post a pick of it next to a normal Coke corny

I got around to taking some pictures

shorter than a standard Coke corny
STA72884.JPG

thinking this one is real old Associated Coca Cola ?
STA72889.JPG

and the bottom is shaped like a sanke keg . The dip tube rests in the center

STA72887.JPG

I guess there are some oddballs out there. I have a Cornelius brand ball lock that says made in west Germany 20L capacity. I think it's slightly taller than my others

Latest posts

Back