Bottle Dark Nut Brown Ale yet?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tag

Reaction score
I mixed up a batch of Munton's Nut Brown Ale (3.3 lb. can of extract) with 2 lbs. of Dark DME and only used 5 gals.of water instead of 6 like the can called for. My OG was 1.047. After 4 weeks, my FG is at a stationary 1.021.

Am I ready to bottle or do I need it to drop some more?

Thanks

Wow...You actually let your beer ferment for 4 weeks...and have taken multiple readings?!? Good for you! Yeah if the gravity hasn't changed over 3 consequitive days...go ahead an bottle....you can even skip secondary to tell the truth...Just let them condition for 3 weeks minimum in the bottle...

But, since it's a strong beer it may take more than 3 weeks to carb and condition...

Thanks for the reply.
Yea, I let it ferment since 2/21. I only had a strong fermentation for 4 days and then work got in the way. The part of letting it sit that long that amazes me is that the wife hasn't complained about it sitting in the kitchen!!!! I think I'll go ahead and bottle it tonite.

This is the first time I've used a Hydrometer. My first two batches I just let ferment for about 3 weeks and then bottled. One came out OK but the other one never did carconate. After 6 weeks in the bottle it was still flat. I also have a Honey Wheat ready to bottle. ( It's the same as the one that didn't carb)
Thanks again
Tag

Bottled the Nut Brown Ale today along with a batch of Honey Wheat Ale.

The Nut Brown has a good taste but a little too much malt flavor so the next time I will add some hops to it.

The Honey Wheat also tasted pretty good. I added about a1/4 pack of yeast to both because my last batch of Honey Wheat never did carb and it made me a little paranoid!!

I am a rookie brewer but not a rookie drinker. I like the taste of honey nut beers but also like higher alc content in my beer. I have some extra honey (2lbs) that was give to me and thought about adding that to the boil. If I do that when should I add it? I also have an extra lb of malt extract. Could I add them both for a good kick and be all right or do you think it will create a funky beer?

Latest posts

Back