Burner recommendations - Brutus 10

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the75

Reaction score
I purchased a Brutus 10 type stand with gas & burners setup, but one of the provided 32 tip jet burners has a crack & is leaking gas. It needs to be replaced. The vendor I bought it from is a real piece of work & not surprisingly, he hasn't replied to my request for a warranty or even a manufacturer to contact (most likely China). Anyways, now I'm on the hook for a replacement burner.

I think the 32 jet burners are OVERKILL, so I'm considering going with a 10 tip or 20 tip. Anyone care to share any insight with me on the topic? I'll be automating my system with Honeywell gas valves soon. I know they require an 11" water column, but not sure about how that would work with the 10 or 20 tip burners. Anyways, let me know your thoughts.

Oh yeah, I'm mainly doing 5 gallon batches, but sometimes I do 10 gallon batches. I use the Morebeer Heavy Duty Kettles 15 Gallon. Any other information needed, just let me know.

If you go the LP automation route, you would have to replace every one of the jet tips on those burners with low pressure versions, and even then I don't know how well those actually work.

But I bet from a cost aspect alone you would do better to go with what pretty much everyone else goes with if automation is in the game plan: BG-14 burners...

Cheers!

Thanks. The burners are already working with LP, why would I have to change anything? Doesn't Lonnie Mac's brutus run off 10 tip jet burners? It's automated too.

Thanks. The burners are already working with LP, why would I have to change anything? Doesn't Lonnie Mac's brutus run off 10 tip jet burners? It's automated too.

Ok, I mistook your question about the viability of 10 & 20 tip jet burners with LP gas to mean your 32 tip burner wasn't already setup for LP.

The bottom line is if you have the LP jets installed and that's working on your (non-broken) burner, there's no reason to expect the smaller 10 & 20 tip models to not work on LP. So the question really should come down to burner output vs what you need...

Cheers!

Correct. I was hoping to hear from anyone who has used the smaller 10 tip burners. The 32 tips I have are very strong, but burn through gas like crazy. I would assume the 10 tips will work fine for me, but I've only found one place that sells them with no warranty. Imported from China...

Back