Skeeter pee?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigwiner

Reaction score
Ok so todays the day I'm suppose to add my slurry to the pee. But like an idiot I spilled it so....should I wait four days for my next slurry to be ready? Should I even let it sit that long?
Or should I try dry yeast
Its a ten gal. batch of pee. Also my SG was a bit low

If you can pick up some dry yeast, it will work out fine. I would pick up at least 5 packets though.

The recipe for SP and the step to making invert sugar purposely brings you in a little low. I did this because it's always easier to add more sugar than to try to take some out. You can either ferment it low or just add some regular table sugar and stir to dissolve checking SG as you add. I shoot for 1.070

As for the yeast addition, I think it's dealer's choice. If you have a healthy slurry on deck, 4 days shouldn't be a problem (if you were careful with sanitation). If you'd rather try the dry yeast addition route, you can give it a shot. I guess if you try the dry yeast and it doesn't seem to be taking as well as you like, you could follow it up with a slurry.

Back