First Taste

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

catch22

Reaction score
Well.I had my first taste of my first batch of beer.:mug:It is a Bud style lager and I couldn't be happier.No real aftertaste,tastes a little more Blue Moonish,got a little hint of orange but it is probably just a little on the hoppy side.Gonna go have another one.

That's very impressive! Although an American barley/rice lager should probably not taste like Blue Moon (which is a wheat ale), it's awesome when your first batch turns out great.

That's very impressive! Although an American barley/rice lager should probably not taste like Blue Moon (which is a wheat ale), it's awesome when your first batch turns out great.

Thanks,very happy,cant wait to get started on the next one.Funny thing is I was going to do a blue moon type,now what?

I still haven't managed to get the guts up to do a BMC style beer or a lager in my four years manning the fermenters.

I keep thinking of making a Miller Lite kind of beer. But even when I think about it, I think of it as being made with US-05. Not like I don't have a fridge to control fermentation temperature...

Back