just drank my first beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wheatgerm

Reaction score
Just popped cap on my first ever beer. Big Basin Amber Ale - all grain. It tastes superb and I'm very pleased with how it turned out. Just wanted to share the love.

Onward to more beer!

it's a good feeling, isn't it? congrats on the successful entry to the mania.

My first brew had to be dumped, some sort of contamination. But my second was delicious. Great feeling when you can drink a great beer that you made.

Congrats:mug:

I also am drinking my first beer brewed solo, sitting next to the fermenter with my second, and eating some mabo tofu with it. Really spicy mabo tofu overpowers this flavorful brew somewhat, but it is still good.

Awesome! I read the title and knew right away this would be a good post... I still remember my first beer (home brew)... sense of accomplishment + extremely good tasting beer = happiness...

lol. I mean my first homebrewed beer. I should be more specific.

Yeah, it's kind of like eating your first bread that you made by hand that actually tastes good. I'm sure I'll screw up some future batches, but I'd have to say that everything went off without a hitch. Holding a consistent temp in the mash tun seemed to be the hardest part. Next time I'll have to pre-heat for longer with more water.

"Thinkin' "Wow... this guy brewed and he's never even drank a beer before?!?"

It's actually not that far off though. I picked up a six pack of Spaten Oktoberfest about 9 months ago. Previous to that, I hadn't consumed a beer in almost 20 years. I wanted to get into brewing since I have some friends at church that brew a lot. So, I guess you could say that I started drinking beer just so I could brew. I'm hooked now. It took about 6 months to develop my palette.

It's actually not that far off though. I picked up a six pack of Spaten Oktoberfest about 9 months ago. Previous to that, I hadn't consumed a beer in almost 20 years. I wanted to get into brewing since I have some friends at church that brew a lot. So, I guess you could say that I started drinking beer just so I could brew. I'm hooked now. It took about 6 months to develop my palette.

Hey Wheat, where in Bama you from? I lived in chelsea for a long time, and my sister lives in Pelham right now.

Live in Odenville, but grew up in Chalkville. Are there any decent LHBS's in central AL? I've been doing most ordering on-line.

Talladega to B'ham every day is a heck of a long drive. I thought my drive in was bad.

Live in Odenville, but grew up in Chalkville. Are there any decent LHBS's in central AL? I've been doing most ordering on-line.

Talladega to B'ham every day is a heck of a long drive. I thought my drive in was bad.

Yeah there is a pretty good one in Pelham. Alabrew is the name of it. You can visit their website (although the website leaves a little to be desired) Just scroll down to the "use our online shopping cart" to see what they have. They are great about helping you calculate recipe modifications and the like. It's located just off I-65...take the Cahaba Valley Road exit.

'Dega to Bham takes about an hour. Interstate almost the entire drive so it isn't that bad!

Back