Grain by the bag in WA?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EJay

Reaction score
Who do we like for grain by the bag in WA? I love my LHBS but they're out of organic 2 row by the bag (and its $70 when they have it) I've seen some great prices out of Oregon - prices are great even after shipping, but I'd like to work a little more local if possible. I'm mostly interested in base grains, and organic if I can get it.

The further you get from Seattle, the lower the prices, generally. A couple of ways to get the cost a little lower: some shops have an affiliated brew club that gets a discount, and Larry's has an AHA discount as well. I get most of mine at Mash in Tacoma, but have picked some up in Portland when I'm down there.

Thanks. I saw some real good prices in the Portland area too. And shipping to home from there was only like $13 for 50 lbs, so there's definitely some savings to be had, which takes the bite out of the cost of a grain mill.

To not have to drive to Portland, getting 2 row at that price is fair, but if you happen to be there, a bag of 2 row Main Homebrew in Hillsboro is $29.95, organic $39.95.

To not have to drive to Portland, getting 2 row at that price is fair, but if you happen to be there, a bag of 2 row Main Homebrew in Hillsboro is $29.95, organic $39.95.

Agreed. That is the place I was thinking of in my first post. Even with shipping, I've got organic for $52ish delivered, which is really good for organic.

Mountain Homebrew in Kirkland (which is pretty close to me, can there during lunchhour) has regular 2 row for $46 so thats really good too. I think Homebrew Heaven has that price as well. So $46-50 doesn't seem to be too hard to find for non-organic.

I got 25kg (55lbs) of Gambrinus 2 row for ~$35 at Larry's in Kent. Not sure what they carry in the way of organic.

Brew on :mug:

Anyone know the price of Belgium 2 row or marris otter at Mash or larry's? Also anyone have a good malty oktoberfest all grain recipe that they like? I need to fill a carboy this next weekend and I think I want to try an Oktoberfest this time or maybe a pumpkin ale I dunno

Anyone know the price of Belgium 2 row or marris otter at Mash or larry's? Also anyone have a good malty oktoberfest all grain recipe that they like? I need to fill a carboy this next weekend and I think I want to try an Oktoberfest this time or maybe a pumpkin ale I dunno

I think they said that Marris Otter was about $70 for 25kg at Larry's. I didn't buy any, so don't remember exactly.

Brew on :mug:

Back