Show Us Your Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is anyone else having trouble getting BEER LABELIZER To recognize their "premium Membership" any time AFTER the day they paid for it? I paid for it on 3/6/13 with pay pal & it now doesn't recognize me when I tried to use it today.
It doesn't have the yellow ribbon across the upper right corner anymore that says "premium membership". Tried links to it from three different places,including the link I saved the day I paid for it,& no luck.

Here's a few more I've done:
109180d1363798371-show-us-your-label-rusted-robot-label.jpg

Did you draw that?!?! Or was it an internet find? That is impressive artwork either way...

I've been working on an idea of brewing a bunch of 1-gallon IPA experiments. I'm not a hoppy-kinda guy, but I had this idea of making an "After Dark" series of beers that explore ONE TYPE of hop - I'll have a bittering, mid-boil, aroma, and dry-hop addition of the same hop in each beer. The "after dark" element is in the names and labels...

For example:
gs9NBW8.jpg

Future ideas are:
Live Chat with Crystal
Lady Liberty
Hood Mount

Did you draw that?!?! Or was it an internet find? That is impressive artwork either way...

I've been working on an idea of brewing a bunch of 1-gallon IPA experiments. I'm not a hoppy-kinda guy, but I had this idea of making an "After Dark" series of beers that explore ONE TYPE of hop - I'll have a bittering, mid-boil, aroma, and dry-hop addition of the same hop in each beer. The "after dark" element is in the names and labels...

For example:
gs9NBW8.jpg

Future ideas are:
Live Chat with Crystal
Lady Liberty
Hood Mount

Ha. I wish. I can't draw, but I'm getting better at digital manipulation. It was just a random internet find.

That's a good idea. I've been thinking of making some SMaSHes to learn the difference between different hops. The names are great. :)

Well,i learned something. I had to goto my e-mail homebrew folder & use the link Beer Labelizer sent me to conferm my membership with. I re-read the e-mail,& it does say that if your computer doesn't save the info to automatically open the premium member version to use the link everytime.
Good thing I saved it...:drunk::confused:

Two beers I'm making in celebration of Star Wars day (May the 4th be with you!). My wife suggested this year I do a light side and dark side, so hence the two:

paper5x4jedi.jpg

paper5x4light.jpg

Just made this tonight with the help of google (finding the image), and simple text inserting!
Now to come up with a name for the brew instead of using "Dark Wheat"

Screen shot 2013-03-24 at 9.23.26 PM.png

Easily removed in gimp. just use colour select tool on black then invert selection and erase over the whole image.

waxer said:
Easily removed in gimp. just use colour select tool on black then invert selection and erase over the whole image.

Or better yet, choose the legal option and simply go to Ron's website and purchase the rights to the image.

KurtB said:
Or better yet, choose the legal option and simply go to Ron's website and purchase the rights to the image.

Not to worry, probably not even going to end up using it. Just having fun coming up with ideas. If I DO decide to even do labels, I have a close friend who is a cartoonist that could come up with something similar or come up with something completely his own.

I'm not worried. People can use whatever they want for whatever they want, especially for tossing around ideas like this. I just figured if you decided to use the image, before going through the work of removing the watermark (which is there for a reason), and you tried to follow waxers steps which will further degrade the quality of the image, I would put it out there to contact the original artist. I have dealt with Ron in the past, and he is a nice guy that was willing to give me rights to a couple of his stock images for next to nothing when I did some volunteer work for a small non-commercial project.

Yeah fair enough. People deserve to get their due for the work. Getting the original will give you a better size/quality image as well. Services like vector magic can be fun for creating images from photos drawing etc and help hide flaws plus be scalable.

KurtB said:
I'm not worried. People can use whatever they want for whatever they want, especially for tossing around ideas like this. I just figured if you decided to use the image, before going through the work of removing the watermark (which is there for a reason), and you tried to follow waxers steps which will further degrade the quality of the image, I would put it out there to contact the original artist. I have dealt with Ron in the past, and he is a nice guy that was willing to give me rights to a couple of his stock images for next to nothing when I did some volunteer work for a small non-commercial project.

That's cool you know him! If I decide to do labels, I may just get in contact with him! Especially since you can recommend him! Plus I'm always down to help an artist out

I've found that a lot of the images I use come from flickr or deviantart, and that when I contact the original artists, most of them are happy for you to use their image on your bottles. I've gotten permission from all the original artists without it costing me a dime... although I do now have to send a bottle of Honey Barleywine all the way to Japan... ;)

Here ya go - 5-minute example. With a larger image to start with, the resolution of the text would be much crisper (obviously I just copied and quickly modified the image above.)

UbCfq5o.png

I really like doing stuff like that, even if just for my brewery name - kinda "hide" it in the image. They call that an "Easter Egg". I've changed text on billboard signs, barn doors, or faded the text into a stage floor, wall, etc, using white or black text and the "overlay" setting in Photoshop.

Just my .02 cents. That's all! I like your concept though - I certainly get the "Architect Ales" theme! Quite unique, IMO!

In fact (as now I'm feeling creative) here's what I would do:

WjSWA8a.png

Again - just an opinion. Not knocking your work in any way!

tmac2050 said:
My first attempts at beer and labels. . .

Awesome awesome awesome idea!!! Well done all around combining both subjects. Love the modernist selections. Is that Boston's Government Center in the last one? I used to live there. What an ugly public space! (I think the AIA will agree with me.) Haha

You could do something with names too, like Mies's Mild, Le CorBEERsier, Neutra Nut Brown, Ito's Imperial IPA, BEero Saarinen, the list goes on... :-D

Cheers! :mug:

muse435 said:
If your anything like me you like seeing new labels that are made by you fellow home brewers. I hope others will post their labels here so it is easier to see the final labels in one spot.

Here are my first three:

Winter Storm IPA Discussion

Pumpkin Pie Ale Discussion

So let's see those labels :mug:

EDIT: I an effort to try and keep this thread for pictures i've added links to the"idea" threads about my labels. I love feedback (both positive and negative) but I'm hoping to make it so you can scroll through and mostly see pictures :)

Hey Guys,

We are running a label art contest. For more details go to www.backyardhomebrewers.com under label art contest. You can have your label on our next big brew... Check it out!

My first label for my first Homebrew. I'm a big browns fan, so this just made sense to me... Oh, and Shikaru is the Akkadian (ancient Babylon) word for Beer... The symbol under Shikaru is how you write Shikaru in Akkadian.

image.jpg

Back