Washing Machine!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liamm

Reaction score
Found an ideal out of the way place for my fermenting bucket, the only drawback is that it is close to the washing machine, which when on full spin, will vibrate the wort, probably twice a week.

Does anyone think this will have a detrimental affect on the wort? or will i have to wear dirty clothes for 2 weeks!

Cheers.

Anything i put on my washing maching tends to "walk around" I've lost a few spray bottles of star san that i forgot take of the top of the machine.
I would hate to see a whole bucket of beer take the plunge.

Some people agitate their wort throughout fermentation if temps are low
or the yeast is highly flocculant. Although at the end of primary where you
are trying to settle out the sediment - I would consider some kind of
buffer like the rubber square.

Also - it's going to be in the same place as your dryer?

That could raise the temp in a closed room significantly.

OK cheers, its not on the machine but beside it, good point about the temp though ill have to check that out.

Do check the temp, but I'd use the space if it is at the proper temp and out of the way, once primary fermentation is done you can either secondary it to get a clearer transfer to bottles, or you could just move it to someplace else that is not close to the washing machine so it could settle more easily, temp is not that important after fermentation is complete.

Back