History Channel Modern Marvels - Brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

starrfish

Reaction score
Watched The History Channel last night, Modern Marvels.

Show was all about brewing and Brewing History. Nothing I didn't already know, but still found it interesting. Would be great for new brewer, or family and friends of brewers. gave some nice insight to why things work the way they do. color/taste of beer and why, hydrometers, ale vs lager yeast, mass brewing processes, explained terms for the layman, and beer history... just interesting stuff.

Recommended for family and friends of brewers... so they stop thinking were talking "rocket science" :tank:

It's on just about every month...;)

True. Yet each time I see it in the guide I can't help but flip it on.

Too bad most of these threads say. "I just got done watching . . ." instead of "Tomorrow night on History Channel . . ." since I don't watch the History channel anymore since it has become the Ghosts, Nostradamus and Mythology (Religion) channel.

Recommended for family and friends of brewers... so they stop thinking were talking "rocket science" :tank:

I like them thinking I'm smart enough to do the "rocket science" stuff. If they knew how easy it was, they'd be less impressed. ;)

True. Yet each time I see it in the guide I can't help but flip it on.

Too bad most of these threads say. "I just got done watching . . ." instead of "Tomorrow night on History Channel . . ." since I don't watch the History channel anymore since it has become the Ghosts, Nostradamus and Mythology (Religion) channel.

Or lately Gangland 24x7.:rolleyes:

With brief interstitials of the "Freemasons and their evil conspiracy" Despite all of the shows on this horrible evil conspiracy for the life of me I can't figure out what they are conspiring to do.

Ooh, a freemason deisigned Washington DC. Ooh, evil with a capital EV. Uh oh, an evil freemason symbol on the $ bill? Surely they have evil intent with such an insidious act.

With brief interstitials of the "Freemasons and their evil conspiracy" Despite all of the shows on this horrible evil conspiracy for the life of me I can't figure out what they are conspiring to do.

Ooh, a freemason deisigned Washington DC. Ooh, evil with a capital EV. Uh oh, an evil freemason symbol on the $ bill? Surely they have evil intent with such an insidious act.

It's all detailed here.

Food network has a show called Good Eats. They did a show on extract brewing, from start to finish. They did a great job of showing how to do it, and you didnt have to sit through commercials about the great Nostradamus-Free Mason conspiracy.

Back