First all grain batch question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

southern brewer

Reaction score
I did my first all grain batch last weekend. racked it today to a carboy. the bucket smelled alot different then i'm use to. if i had to describe it, i'ld say it smelled a lot like the spent grain after the mash. is that normal? I know i know, rdwhahb.

depending on your mash temp, you may have extracted more un-fermentable sugar than you're used to with extract kits...which would mean more maltiness after fermentation, rather than a dry beer.

Congrats on the first all grain, I am drinking my first one a Kolsch. Oatmeal stout just was bottled today also. Hoping that is as sweet as the Kolsch.

I have decided that is the way to go. I use a Rubber maid cooler with the Northern Brewers overpriced value. Get a stopper the right size with a hole for the hose, quick and easy. If I pull on the valve assembly at all during use it leaks on the table.

I am doing another Kolsch next week it is so good.

Marc Minnesota

Mash disposal

I have dumped my first used grains on the edge of my lot in the woods, should I deer hunt there now??

Marc

mjhalver said:
Mash disposal

I have dumped my first used grains on the edge of my lot in the woods, should I deer hunt there now??

Marc

Only if you give me some of the proceeds from your kill

Back